Sunday, May 19, 2013

A calm and quiet Sunday

Okay.. why does my right shoulder sound like plastic wrap when I move it a little bit in the quiet. Strange. Squeeky.

Strange.

I ran some more of those antique shop pictures but also ran into the same problem. The tones were off.. the lighting was off the "the" was off. Ill post a few that are okay but really not happy with it... to the point of depression. Its.... well you just wonder what is your problem.... so here... look...

This is okay. One thing about this store is that they are "setting" the items instead of stacking crap. It makes framing great. none of these have been cropped. Shots. Bracketed and posted.
Love this one. Funny but I took quite a few of this lamp.. bit this was the best.
A table of glass and silverware... neat stuff.
This was way cool...except.. now that I point out that there are two different bulbs but hay... love the reflections.

There were some more but I have a bunch! I will post the good ones to my site soon. I want to go back and get some clearer shots.... and some other shots... and some lighting... directional... but it was fun.. it was exercise and I got to hang with the wife while she oogled all the fun things. Inside window shopping.



Other than that I did work on side yard wash way... talked to my brother about what to do.. decided not to use steps but make a cement ramp from basketball court to the patio... then plastic and gravel the run off with two different run ways... one being the wash tube as you will see ( white ) and then the gravel itself will be deep and below the pad to stop runoff onto the patio... Lots of over thinking on this on my part but I cant help It. Plus I killed my already bad back with all the pick work and the digging and shoveling.

Here are some shots..


The tubes are there to check the flow.. good .. shallow but good. it has holes drilled into it.. Ill black plastic under it and then gravel above so it goes from one pad to the wall but just at the pad level to house pad level, no higher. I want good flow even though we rarely get any gully washers.


This power plug has to be moved. I am going to bring it up about a foot or two then back down and under the ground and plastic and then gravel. keep it as dry and down as I can go. There is also a water out PVC pipe I have cut which I have to relocate. Why it was put where it is ..... Okay... People are just weird.

I also graded the remainder of the yard to accept the plastic and so the rock meets the pavers cleanly. I did a lot. I did too much. I over did it again. But... its that or nothing gets done at all. Unless someone wants to do this for me?  Maybe....Please?  LOL..

That was my day... Now.. here are some interesting links....

@@@

This is a cool story... totally cool!

             http://www.neatorama.com/2013/05/19/The-Strange-Story-of-Marie-Antoinettes-watch/

Totally worth the read and the watch....wow!

Lawyers.... sigh!



I'm personally not interested in Nutella... not at all.

Now.. if you have a cool watch and Nutella on you..... here is a link for you...


The last was a hoot!

And this just made me fall on the floor...



I have been playing with Windows 8 for a bit now. My IT... and saying .. "My IT" Dave R is more friend and amazingly smart guy than just an IT.... its great working with him. Well... So he had a copy of windows 8 from the headquarters.. I installed it... not bad but it wanted a clean install..How many days... well... I'm mostly liking it.... Its windows 7 with some different things as was vista as was xp as was win 3.11 as was ....... ya see....  and now that windows is coming out with win blue 8.1 that brings some of the good things of 7 back.... I can work with this.... I have not had time to play with the metro part as much. Usually I go from metro right to the win 8 screen. A lot of that is because the version is not my personal copy so I don't want to start giving permissions everywhere... 

Would I buy it?  SURE!

When I have some money.

Last but not least... finished Tim Powers Declare.... and went right into Tim Powers Last Call... 

That's where I remembered the thing about the emerald leaves color.. or your point of view for shooting.... from Tim.. Thanks Tim... Again.

Have a good evening.