Friday, May 17, 2013

Old New.. some interesting things...

to look at tonight.... well maybe not that interesting.... but its my blog!

This is a Polaroid photo of me studying. 1982. The hat is a Charlie One Horse hat. Its still in the garage.
I am sharing a room in a hotel in Cherry Hills New Jersey. Going to a hush hush class on a new computer main frame at RCA headquarters in Camden NJ. I look real military here... LOL. Serious 1980s decor.

1st off base housing in Bellevue Nebraska after they condemned our barracks for being infested with cockroaches. Wow were there parties here... We had .. "what day is it parties". Parties with the kitchen floor so sticky from inexpertly mixed drinks that you had better not stand in one place. Sadly .. I was usually at work during these parties. I had three room mates.. two male.. one female.. they did party very hard.

From my oldest bestest friend.... see the flower.. shes now a very well known artist.
A great pen pal too. Also funny as all get out. She will probably hate that I posted this here.
All I can say is.... ":O)


The next few shots are of my dorm room in Italy.
I was dorm chief of my section so I got my own room. Left to right... Clock.. Electricity in Italy was dodgy at best... that's a wind up.. I had three clocks ( see there ). Picture frame at top middle is a stitch of pictures of one of my favorite roads in Bath England ( top ) Then a view of the gardens by Pultney bridge ( middle ) and the ( bottom ) is the left view of the same road as the top before there was stitching software let alone digital pictures. Pic frame below that is a mish mosh I cant even remember now. The other frame will remain nameless. All sitting on top of a Samsung 100 decibel speaker. Wall hanging on wall.. bed is the blue part.

Looking right from the last picture with the damn lights on! Pioneer reel to reel and the dbx units I showed you yesterday in a angle rack with a pink noise generator in there.. in front is the other 100 decibel speaker. The pictures I can name for you but wont.. the speaker in the top center is now with Eric H. Books ... albums... cassette holders... Even the crates in the background I still have.. Do I ever get rid of anything?


Hahahahah... I am so laughing!
This is looking left of the first picture. My drafting table.. I always... well up until about 5 years ago had a drafting table. Bookshelf full of paperback books and reel to reels some pics and matchless candle holders.
Oh and tech manuals at the bottom. The black and tan checkered pad looking thing under the light is a washcloth I STILL HAVE... Im a hoarder.. damn!

Looking left of the last picture... more speakers.. fishnet... clock.. cassette holders.. darts..helmet more technical manuals.. a COMMORDOR 64 screen and controller!! LOL... That hanging thing is a candle holder .. and yes.. I still have it. I think the pink towels are all gone now.

Now that I have spun you around in my dorm room in Italy... 
I accumulated a lot of stuff there because I was one a 2 1/2 year long remote tour... they even give you a ribbon for that... wooo.... 

Been ages since I had looked at these... I know I have more pictures of Italy around here somewhere I need to scan in before they yellow and fade.  Italy of roads and people and things.. not a room.. but I spent a lot of time in that room and a lot of the things in there still mean a lot to me. Call me sentimental.. or just mental.

It was a lot of fun in Italy..but also a lot of stress and more stress. Having a pager on every other week that if it went off I had five minutes to respond to was not fun. Having to sit on the floor half trashed trying to fix a comms problem between to very high value main frame computers... not fun... ..... FUN!....Skiing was great... Sicily was great. Friends.. Club... Dance clubs downtown.. coffee shops ..eating out in the sidewalk cafe's... amazing fun.

Would I do much of it differently...... probably not much.

Maybe I wouldn't have had the cashmere long coat made.... that was a strange choice..

Oh.. I still have it... 

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL


Some links for you!  Cause I like you!



Worth every penny..

Also.. so very worth it...



Oh.. there is no ballooning in Bath.. its all a lie.... ask Phil!  Really!

~~*~~

and two links for Windows Metro that I am testing out ...

no pics just links



Ill leave it right here....

Ta ta!