Sunday, July 20, 2014

Two from the back

I have found that when you fly Southwest ( Proviso 1, check a bag ) about the best place to sit ( Proviso 2, are not an A pass holder ( Proviso 3, didn't pay an extra 40 dollars for the chance ) and are in the "B" pass section is about the second or third row from the back window ( Proviso 4, you have a strong bladder ).

Aside from the tenuous wait to board and that those that paid the extra cash for a seat in the very front, or at the emergency rows are going to board ahead of you... well ... I have found that that seat.. on the starboard or port side are great for just twisting your body and resting your head against the inside bulk head. You get a bit of the front of the arm rest, You are not rubbing shoulders nor knees. Oh.. I forgot a proviso. Proviso 5, you have everything out of your carry on bag and have placed that bag in the overhead container. Legs stretched and ankles crossed, sound canx headphones on and music player in hand, you can fall into a snooze just fine. My back sucks and this is a good position for me. You can bring your legs up and flex them and you can bring your arms forward to flex them. I'm a pretty big guy and I had no problems.

PS. By the time all the noodle heads have banged into each other trying to de plane you can saunter off and get to the baggage carousel just in time to pick up your luggage. On flights over three hours though i would get up and do some flexing in the isle or potty at least every two to three hours. If I could get where I wanted to go by train in the same time I would take a train. Or Drive. Since neither one was possible ... well....

Some unedited shots from the top of the bag of Seattle, Land of missed friends and strange connections. Love the transit system!


2.75 gets you downtown, all the way from Sea-Tac. Lovely

Novel and nifty stations. The Beacon Hill station has led boards in the tunnel that display "things".


The Seattle Space Needle.....oops... wrong one....


The fish flinging market. Local of the first Starbucks ( to the right a bit ) and basically a stacked hodge podege of every boardwalk you have ever been on. Wish I had more time.

Touch of the top of my shots. Nothing of the cream. Whisker City baby,

Links were in one place... or at least these I ran across first were very interesting....

These little things might just do for a nice day commuter..... If I could find a safe way to get to work from the house on one without becoming part of the road side shrubbery.

http://deals.kinja.com/put-yourself-on-an-electric-bike-today-for-500-off-to-1607961405/+shaneroberts

At this point the RIAA and record?! companies are all just bullies trying to squeeze the last drops from anyone they can get hold of. They are old, dead and time to be put out at the roadside for trash day pickup. Everything is digital except some cool retro vinyl people.

http://gizmodo.com/riaa-even-bullies-small-non-profit-music-sites-that-pay-1607973952

I will touch on one thing here... Stop giving money to panhandlers. Give it to your favorite association that then gives it out to the real needy ( at least 80 % ). It get to the real people in need, families and those that could use more than a buck, perhaps mental or physical health help. I saw a pan handler in downtown Seattle ( not picking on Seattle ) that had better shoes and, help, looked like a YUPPIE! Still trying to get money. I have seen the same thing in Albuquerque too. Please do everyone of our homeless a favor and go through a group that is trustworthy. Take a little time and research it.

PS to this. If you are able bodied but homeless you should expect to do "something" for the assistance. I have no problem with a tax for the poor and I do practice what I preach ( 95% of the time ).

http://gizmodo.com/anti-homeless-laws-and-hiddencash-whats-ruining-our-c-1606648025

Rest stops.... I ahve a very good idea... I just need to get on those grants things.... time will come when I ahve the time to sit down and do that. Till then... rest stops... Some are fantastic.. some are trashed.... Few have bathrooms you would dare to get near to use.... I know some and I am NOT TELLING1!!

And that is that!


Stepping forward again... one foot ahead of the other.. like a child knowing he is going to get a belt across the backside or a shot in a doctors office... delay and maybe, maybe they will forget you are there. Another step. John.. i call him John too.... John, slight smile on his face... you know the smile... kind, caring, and sure that you are nuts... play along till the white jacket comes out... yep.. you know the type.. with the long arms and those so in fashion leather straps..... baby you are so in vogue!