Saturday, July 19, 2014

Down and Dirty.

I thought that when I got home I could dump everything and decompress. No. I keep thinking I should have stayed and helped more. Its just more, different stuff. Not that I am complaining about anything. I am not. 

The trip to Seattle was for work. Not pleasure. I did learn quite a lot and what I learned is troubling but in a odd way. The short, quick trips downtown were in the nature of how myself and a good friend of mine usually shoot when out and about. Fast, Quick, Many, Move. It should have a better acronym darn-it. We learned how to do five minute exposure times. That’s, shoot as fast, as many and as differently as possible and keep moving. So when you are looking at anything of mine but ballooning shots they are 5 minute exposures. I had a finite time to try and capture as much as possible and did it. The only place I took time was at the space needle in Seattle. I had to wait for the sunset. Conditions were not optimum. There was moisture in the air and haze from dust and clouds on the sunset side. I will be going back.. and I will take more time.

Along with the 5 minute exposure there was a lot of depression going on and frustration on how useless I was at a time I wish there were more things I could do. I didn't have time to sample beer ( not that I would, probably cider? , food, or gum… ugh ( ref Gum Ally Seattle ) . I did sit ( mainly because running up and down the hilly roads of Seattle was completely 180 degree from my natural state) and people watch for a bit the last time I went down. Seattle is a city of conflicting / controlled mixture. It is worth spending some time in. I even had a good friend in town and that totally skipped my addled mind.. I feel bad about that.  Below are more shots I took with my phone camera. This is because I have not had the time to work or even really sort through the main camera shots. That's how it goes.

Izzy contemplating tripping me on the way to the snacks so she can get more at once.


Southwests numbering system. Wow.. no matter how fast I log in a cant get above B10 for the line in. I wonder why.

The Blue Blaze. From Albuquerque to Denver to Seattle. Same plane, Same seat in the back by the window.

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Park..minus the tents, balloons, people, Love the view.


Clouds were very interesting. I even took video of

On the way in to Denver I was watching a shadow. It was another flight off to our Right. We beat it to landing by a few seconds! FTW.

Fly the friendlier skies. I have heard Southwest is talking about expanding overseas.. interesting.


Back in the air again and more clouds and shadows of clouds.

 Basic shots but I really like how the wing sits just so in the shot.

Links

Trippy… says it all…


Seattle driving looked much better than this. Lots of close calls and one goober kicking a soccer ball off busses as they drove by.. it got flattened quickly…


Signmakers of old used to do this quite well…


The total truth!


Off I go to wash more clothes.


Black pants with a perfect crease, white shirt, crisp, dark grey vest, black coat with short tails, white gloves, small smile, fading greyish white hair and comfortable in those clothes. Oh.. his shoes or short boots and terribly shiny, unlike mine which are kind of beat up and battered looking. Smoothing my hands down my front and drawing the body up under my far forward head, aligning everything I own onto a more comfortable vertical area… I am mumbling to myself.. “Um, Hi? I squeak.”