Monday, July 7, 2014

Post processing... The pain / The pleasure

After sitting here while decompressing from the drive down from Colorado..I think the pain was worse than standard pain, and that was yesterday. Today started with my alarm going off when it shouldn't have and waking me up when I would rather not have been. Then there was the Cable company appointment at 0800 and HE SHOWED UP AT 0800!!! Who does that!???     So it turns out.. and I really should have known this... Never buy cables from Walmart unless you have a tester with you to check their continuity and resistance. Two bad purchased cables caused all the problems ( okay almost ) with the dropping out of channels. The other one was my lack of remembering. I failed to remember that the cable company boosted one link of my cable to deal with the multiple splits I had in it. I had disconnected it and moved the router and modem. So all in all..my bad. Then there was the sinus problems that came back gang busters. Sitting here now watching the room spin about and trying to type correct words.

I did surf through all the family scanned shots and the 800 plus shots from the Denver Zoo. I selected a few and spent some time with them while duct taped to the chair to avoid falling out of it. Quick edits. Nothing major. I completed the CB edit and its out the door. Ill apologize now for the odd content of that one. I did a few other things but they were quite mundane. Below are a few I did. I will add one before and after that I love because of the content.

Original shot scanned. Folded, spindled and scuffed....and a lot of misc spots.

Shot, leveled, junk removed, cropped for subject and final adjusts. I did a few more closer too. Scanning at 600 DPI allowed for some great zooming. I did correct the crease in the main picture and other creases here and there..... You want me to post that too huh... sheesh!


There see... can you find the differences?


I wont be putting any other family shots here as I do not have their permission to do so. I have many but so many means its going to take a lot of time to go through them. There are many that are totally close to the heart.

The LOOKS. This little guy was just standing there on the rock across the water waiting for someone to come chat. Or for some food. Probably food. What was interesting in all the time we spent here was that there was a college student with a notebook just standing there. How I felt like she was assessing our reactions to what the animals were doing... It would be an interesting thing to do. I blame my nephew.


Tiger by the tail... not on your nelly! I wish she was in better focus but shooting through mucky glass... I am glad I got what I got.



Views. Nice medium sized giraffe. Large-ish space to roam around with but not really large enough. Zoos should be subsidized by the people who live in the city because they bring revenue into the city itself. Using that money for the animals spaces.. larger.... more varied and the viewing areas limited or if not limited then times the animals get breaks from the human animals. No small spaces for any animal.


Very cute giraffe.

Some of the links I ran around..not the best.. but interesting enough for me to add here...

If you have to wear one.. might as well tech it up.....

http://gizmodo.com/11-dumb-and-awesome-your-android-wear-watch-can-do-1601079356

Useful and very welcome site....

http://gizmodo.com/the-site-that-tells-you-if-sites-are-down-is-down-1601208511

My railing against urban sprawl without green space.... Detroit....ugh.. They may be working to correct it though.

http://gizmodo.com/7-photos-showing-how-detroit-hollowed-out-during-the-hi-1601176558

When you can catch the emotions of an animal... even if its not real... some are funny... If real.. not funny..

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/20-funny-animals-that-have-given-up-on-life

Ta da...... done and I hope there are only a few errors in all this.

Lights spinning counter-clockwise making me feel like I am moving clockwise.. go ahead.. try it... get on a round about and start it spinning one way quickly.. and if you stare straight out it will start to seem as if you are really turning the other way. Or is it me? We could bring up the real over unreal again.. you want to play with that again.... I thought not!.. Round and round and lower and lower. My follower falling in towards me at that slow slow speed.... Other hand now visible with bloodied rag around the other hand!