Sunday, July 6, 2014

Post Drive Conditions... Ice Cream!

Back in the ole Albuquerque Zone. Vehicle emptied. Things somewhat put away or sorted out. I am actively dumping pictures or processing as we speak. Its taking forever to convert them. I may have to do dual RAW and JPG shooting from now on. Ugh! The drive down from Above Denver around on the toll road and to Trinidad was pretty fast. Everyone was crusin and for the most part following the law and staying in the slow ( right ) lane unless they wanted to pass. What did cause a problem were the on ramps. People that were in the right lane would at at least 10 mph slower jump in the left lane so as to not be slowed down by those merging in.. which would cause a chain reaction and slow down the whole left lane speed train.

We stopped in Trinidad for gas and a lemonade... oh and a nice brown bear.. who the police allowed to return up the hill and into the forest again. Getting back on the road and entering New Mexico was not too bad. Getting to the lower part of Las Vegas it became a "Who can drive stupider" run. Avoiding the people who were not paying attention and drifting from lane to lane regardless of if there were cars there or not. Then the loons who would speed up.. pass you then directly slow down and make you have to avoid them.. ugh.. ugh! Made it home at last and I was happy to see it standing.

A couple of happy things on the way.. We saw a chase vehicle for Sundagger and saw Bill D and his balloon rig. I felt that I had friends around which is a good feeling. I had a wonderful time with the family. My Nieces and Nephews are so grown up.. just like I said in yesterdays blog.. surreal! As soon as I get this stuff downloaded I will post a few pre edit shots here... I know which ones I want to show already. When I have time I will edit and get those posted as well.. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks to the parents for putting up with us all again. Ill bet they were happy to sit in the quiet. We are a loud lot.

Four for tonight. Took over 3 hours to process 800 shots.

Tubulars


Killer Rabbit.


Backyard tiger.

Ask a silly question.


Links.

What a problem! Good luck!

http://gizmodo.com/nobody-knows-how-to-rescue-these-poor-stranded-boeing-7-1600900165

Amazing that there is anything to recover.. but the history in mind numbing.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/camera-of-lost-ww2-soldier-was-recoverd-these-images-were-found

Good advice.... Plus I would say.. do you want the 4 to 7 year commitment to the payment.

http://lifehacker.com/wait-three-months-before-buying-a-new-car-but-save-now-1599275747

This is so cute its beyond cute. ting a ling!

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20140627/runbell-add-bling-ring-run/

Lots of interesting links and blogs and news bits in the nets today...


Distant and dependent. As the hex blackness opens fully with the points now pointing outwards I am getting smaller. Oh, The surface below my feet is dropping slowly, by my twisted perspective, downward. With this downward descent is a collapsing or downward flow of the color above me.Looks like a nice controlled tube of iridescent amber with me as the fly stuck inside. Down about four feet and the hand, other hand, body and chest, cute face all collapsing with me. It isn't seeming to hurt her but she is heading down the rabbit hole with me, just outside whatever I am in... I wonder if that's safe.....