Friday, July 26, 2013

Video Editing syncing Yeesh!

I put two cameras on my balloon this last weekend. They were not lined up quite right. There was a lot of overlap.

Due to that I had to overlap the video as best as possible and also sync the two cameras.. yeah.. the program wont do it for you...

So the process I have is. load the video clips for one camera...re-size and center...load the second cameras video clips.. re-size and center.. then go along and bring each of the clips together the best possible.
Not bad so far... now to adjust each of the videos to be in sync liniarly ... which is next to impossible and I do it with the sound track...

WOW... just lost the computer... power supply just died. Looks to be the connector in the back... Okay... back to the video... so... syncing.... yeah....
Once its synced then there is the trimming of the beginning and end... then setting the speed ration and sizes for each track ( and you better not screw up the sync on the tracks ) once that is done you add fades and title and soundtracks.. muting the sounds from around since in the beginning the cameras are right next to the fan..woo loud.  Saving every so often is the best way because it something crashes your screwed and have to start again.. all over again... Done editing... okay.. now processing into a MP4. After that is done and depending on your computer and video card the rendering can take a long time... Finished... go watch the video before closing the program.

Even at this point the processing can screw up and its goes all to hell... and you start again.... sigh... I understand why company's charge so much for editing videos.. its a lot of work.... glad I like doing it and having fun with the video...

I just finished this.. just watched it .. its great but at one point it looks like I am sitting in the middle of the road for ages.. im not but it looks that way.... I wonder if I post it will I get some bad comments...

I put a disclaimer on my videos because of this... the camera set at 170 degrees and also the speeding and slowing down of the video make it look very 1. dangerous 2. low 3. too fast. 4. too high 5. too close.

Since I am a fair day flyer and always keep very aware of safety and rules I hate that it looks bad at times.. but no way around it with these cameras. If you see something in my videos that looks unacceptable... its the video.. not the flying... ask me if you want to.. tell me what you see... ( happened last night ) I commented on a video and the wrong video was linked... looked bad.. very bad.. had to pull it down.. apologize and reset the video... not happy about that. Resetting the video... I will apologize ...no problem.

So there you go..... I have not decided if I am going to upload the video or re-edit it to pull out the "parked int he road ( not )" section.

Wow.. lots of typing... here are some links

This goes on the back up. have a back up

http://lifehacker.com/how-can-i-reduce-the-risk-of-data-corruption-and-loss-o-923595543

Always keep an eye on the background of your pictures... yeah...

http://lifehacker.com/censor-barcodes-when-sharing-pictures-of-your-mail-923711677

Cool speakers... unnecessary but hay..

http://gizmodo.com/since-when-are-logitech-products-so-pretty-912521110

And this is pretty cool!

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/07/26/Placing-Literature/