Monday, July 29, 2013

Video capture.. Short Vs Medium

I have a four set of videos to edit. On the first two I used short arms... then on the second two I put a short and a medium arm attached to the GoPro's.

You can directly see the difference. And I know what the full extended 2 foot arm looks like. You get the wide wide view... a lot of rounding of the horizon, also it distorts the size and closeness of some things. You get the distortion with short arm too but not as bad.

So the short was about 6 inches.... medium was about 1 foot... and long was 2 foot.

The pros of the short is that the clamp wont slip no matter what.. the medium had to be tightened down but didnt shift... where the long arm had to be clamped on a pipe clamp to stop it from slipping.

Thats why I am toying with the short and medium... because I cant find anything except full locking clamp to secure the long arm onto the burner frame of the balloon. It has to be quick on, quick off.... see my problem..

Well, here are two shots showing to difference..

Short arm first....


and medium arm...


So now you can see it... In the first.. you can get most of the basket and contents..LOL.. and some of the outside....

On the second you can see the whole basket and contents as well as half the screen of outside... Its an awesome view.

I even have a longer arm but with longer than 6 inches the chances of hurting someone on landing go up... with the flexi arm the Pilot can yank it down out of the way if necessary.. on the two food fixed arm you cant and on the longer 5 foot arm there is no way to do anything but chuck it over the side if you get in a hard landing situation.

Choices...choices...

I think I want to put the super long arm on for the next flight.... it would be fun to use it again... been a while.

If I have time I will get some views of the other arm lengths pictures... Oh... these are stills from the videos.. not pictures... that's how good the GoPro is with quality of picture.

Hope that gave you some information on lengths and arms and views..

Links...

Its a Doozy... I use it... hah......

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/07/29/Why-Do-We-Say-Its-A-Doozy/

This just keep s me saying ..ouch ouch ouch ouch...

http://gizmodo.com/holy-crap-look-how-fast-this-nikon-pro-can-teardown-a-953774757

Sadly even if I complete a task I still feel like it was not enough.... hmm

http://lifehacker.com/regret-for-wasted-time-is-more-wasted-time-952521693

This might be interesting..... and difficult..

http://lifehacker.com/six-unconventional-scientific-ways-to-be-happier-948843276