Thursday, July 11, 2013

Juggling drives..

Yesterday I was talking about the storage problem. When to get rid of things and when to put them somewhere.... I came up with a plan. Taking all the raw files off my photography drive opened it up by half.

I am moving the raw to two old drives..well.. four old drives ( these are just internal drives I have an adapter to attach them to a computer like an external drive ) A raw 1 and raw 2 which leaves enough space for further expansion as well as the backups. So thats that.. I dont have to get rid of any files yet.... yes..

Along with that I am vetting the two video drives ( primary and backup ) the same way. Transferring off the misc files to old internals for storage. Opening up more space. And the same goes with the Music drives....

Even after this I have to go back through all the cleared drives and hunt down duplicates... Its taking forever and I hate it and I would rather be editing pictures or well.. anything else.. but this.. but it has to be done.

Then the drives can be tucked away and added to on a weekly or bi weekly schedule... which means I do not have to waste money buying new hard drives....even though Amazon has 3tb drives for 114 dollars.

Saying that..I wonder.. if 3tb drives are down to 114.. whats coming that will make the manufacturer want to dump them at such a low price... gotta be pretty big... 6tb drives.. 8tb? Wooooo.... What I would love to have as I was talking to my friend Dave was a Raid system..... but who has that kind of money to fling about?

So.. yes.. I am cleaning up.... somewhat...

Oh well.. enough of that....


Shades of 2005 Top Gun...

Frinks...

This is cool in a sad way.... I liked the old skyline.... and now its just junked up with tall BS crappy "architectural" monoliths! Fooey!

http://gizmodo.com/watch-cities-rise-decade-by-decade-in-these-amazing-3d-743370346


Why I stopped using Firefox... what you can do about it....

http://lifehacker.com/disable-firefoxs-hardware-acceleration-to-fix-slowness-749344037

I think its a work of art.. but its manufactured art.. not art art... its merchandise.. so as a lover of art... even if I had the money I wouldn't buy it... Id admire it... but that's just from the historic point of view... I would value a pocket watch ..old dented and repaired by a good friends father more than this.. it would have an intrinsic soulful value.. not...merchandise....

http://gizmodo.com/bremonts-codebreaker-watch-pays-homage-to-wwiis-enigm-745738355

And.. in the ways of espionageee... and crypto.... LOL... Might as well go back to Morse code and one time pads... oops.. we still are....hahahahaha.. what a joke...

http://gizmodo.com/to-avoid-cyber-espionage-russias-switching-back-to-ty-745269384

Dit Dit Dah Dit Dah Dah Dah........