Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Things I like. Don't Judge!

What a day. I accomplished a lot... had to stop some work before finishing it and some of it seems to never end or have a completion.... How do you deal with it when there is no closure on a project? So... feeling "Meh" but also good because of what I did get done...

Tonight.. things I like...

Lindstrand Double Jetstream Super Doubles with squeeze triggers. YEAH!
I wanted that handle in the middle to hold onto.

The super quiet liquid blast valves... I dont know about the super quiet part. I do know that when I trigger either valve it shakes my little 69,000 balloon

The burner bag is an extra "worth it" item. Protects the burners. Love the BIG On/Off knobs...also the rotation point in the middle center.

Mmmm.... Lemon Pies!  I love these. I stumbled upon these as a kid working at the Lagoon Fun Park in Utah. Talking about child labor laws! You worked your butt off and if you didn't bring any food with you you had to go to the employee cafeteria where prices were double what they were outside the park.. even for employees. I like these with a cold glass of milk... What?! I said don't judge...LOL
Haven't had one in ages..sad..very sad!

Antisipation.... an.. tis....i..paaaa...toin!  see that picture... thats my Lindstrand system sitting in Forward Air's receiving dock. The folk's at Lindstrand shipped it to me and it got here quickly. When I called over to Forward Air to see if it had arrived I got a bit of a run around. I called again and got another person who said it had arrived but that I couldn't pick it up till later in the afternoon. When I got there about 15 mins early they still wouldn't let me have it. It took ages to get in the back of my trailer. It may have been a lot shorter but it didn't feel that way. If you want something shipped quickly.. go to Forward Air. If you want their number let me know. Sorry the picture is fuzzy but I was shooting through a chain link fence that surrounds the area.

Getting a good shot... even without any editing or modification.. when you get that shot... and you know it is great. Many many pictures and so much time spent loading, processing, and moving things around.. its all worth it. This was a good time. The truck was in the right place.. the sun was in the right place.. the sign was in the right place. Now.... the trucks gone.. hauled off by someone somewhere... to who knows... the sign is broken and it will never be the same again... ever. Thats why I get mad at myself for not getting off my butt and taking more pictures. You know how it is! Gee... It will be there tomorrow.. or.. I will get it tomorrow... or someday.... go shoot.

Movies... I have my favorites. One is Blade Runner. I liked this movie before it was cool to like it. I remember when everyone... critics and regular folk thought it was crap. I thought it was gritty, insightful, and deep. I also like L.A. Story with Steve Martin and Victoria Tennant though I think both are noodle heads. Almost any movie with Audry Hepburn or Cary Grant.. Super favorites are the Thin Man Series with Myrna Loy and William Powell. Super great movies. On the .. its cool and I wished they had more money to make it better was the Lost Room mini series. Look that one up!

Books.... far too many to to put down here... I could go on and on... I read books more than once... I read books so many times that I can tell you whats next if you quote me a chapter. My favorite of all time Authors is Tim Powers. Tim has a way... Tim is a great writer and has a feeling for the inside of people.. characters... times... locations... shoes.... One of my fav stories is Declare. Read it.. and tell me you are not different after it. David Drake is another... Keith Laumer.... Tom Clancy. I am never without a book even if its on my xoom tablet. Brian Daley... Dang.. almost forgot... Jinx On A Terran Inheritance... read it... LOL!!

The other story by Tim Powers that I really love is Last Call.
That one is all about the Fisher King.. but takes place mostly in Las Vegas. Wow... can that guy write. Declare is about World War II and spies  Always the supernatural is involved and so ingrained into the reality woven that you really want to believe that it happened that way. It gets to the point that you question if your reality is... reality.... Yeah.. Judge away!

There is a bunch of other things I could say are some of my favorite things but that's my list for today. Maybe Ill get deeper into all that but for now this is what I am thinking about.... Balloons, Snacks, Moving Movies and Books. Ill see if I can find more cool things....

Here are some links..

 Great ballooning and Great Photographs!

http://www.eagleballoonsllc.com/

Declare! Powers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declare

David Drake.. HAMMERS SLAMMER'S!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer's_Slammers

The Thin Man... Wiki works for books and movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Man_(film)