Monday, March 18, 2013

Single HDR and a challenge


Friends... what would you do without them?

Okay.. I was talking HDR single tone mapping yesterday...

Black and White... How do they react to Tone Mapping?

Here you go....

Single Tone Map 1

Single Tone Map 2



Single Tone Map Creative
 

Single Tone Map Paint 2



Single Tone Map Paint 4
As you can see... It can be done with some of the worst low res single file shots. These shots really are the edge of useful. Not because of anything but the files being used. The subject is awesome. I know if I had a better shot I could bring out the fullness of the black and white.

What is cool is the contrast between the subtle tones and the flames deepness. I only put a few selections here but I did do about 20 different shots with as many setting changes. Too much for one blog write up.

Eric.. I promise I will get right behind you for some Hollywood shots. I have an idea to make this beautiful balloon POP like it should. Lets get together on that. 

If you have not already purchased Photomatix... stop waiting.. go get it... go make wild things from the safe!

I love the black as well as the white. Without one there is no other. But its the heat..... The light... 

Now I am going to do some fun links .. close this up and post it ... Anything that is crap.. my fault.

Links...

You need some of this wonderful stuff.. Really! 


History.. interesting... I have a thing for wanting to know peoples history...


Something that drives me nuts and here is a solution..


I laughed....