Tuesday, September 15, 2015

So long the road.. so quick the trip

One last daily blog post after this one. 777 posts in two or so years.... We shall see if I can stick to the every week post from Sunday on. I really like this vent zone... hmmm... Maybe I should create a anonymous page just for venting... the daily vent? Might work... I can save up my daily vents and post a bunch at a time.... No stealing my ideas.... Hahahahaha...



Hope that shot work since its a huge pano in reality..... A bit fuzzy to the right but that's because I was focused on the left.... ya know.

Lots of fun today watching silly drivers try to block each other from merging or changing lanes.. I saw two almost wrecks that would have been the fault of the person trying to not let a person in.. wow.... interesting world here. Chili must be getting to these people.

We had sunny rain today.. It was neat. I was watching one of the horizon cams and saw the rain drops, like mini falling stars / flashes in the sky.. then the ground went wet quickly but the sun was just a shining away. Ill bet there were a lot of double rainbows..... Sorry I was working at my desk.. no time to go take pictures.

Wooo.. Didn't have that much sugar today and off I go on wild comments in FB... boy oh boy!.

So a few more shots of last Sunday.. Some nice close ups of the balloon... checking things before Fiesta.... Nice to know things are in place... All the Things!


Baffling!
 A look from a turning vent past my color coordinated baffle ( fabric shelf to keep heat at top of balloon.. that different shaded yellow fabric ) to the throat and awesome basket.

The lone envelope bag....
 All the wild children are down there doing a speed and safety inflation competition. We just sit on the road. The grass was sopping wet and I was not gonna lay out on it.

A test burn and a wisp of flame.
 Nice 140 psi. No heat.. just Au Natural. I did get my replacement heater pad in today for my POM tank. Yaah..... Good thing.

Pulling it all out...
 It looks like a terrible mess of ropes and lines and fabric but really it was a flip to the clockwise and it was perfect. Had to move only one line strangely.

I have high temps for you!
 This is my temp sensor seat. The dark lozenge area is the pad on the outside of the envelope that the "turtle" sensor sits on to keep it from melting.. Its sensor pokes in through that little hole and slides into a sleeve to pop out at the top. Neat tech there.

Color coded crown.
 Following the pattern up and around. Again.. Looks like a mess but it all just slips into place once the velcro tabs are in place.

A pulley for you!
This pulley is where all the lines from the crown come to...which is attached to that candy striped red line so that I can pull it open to drop down when flying.. that's how we go down.. we open a huge hole in the top of the balloon.. and down you go... Yes it really is designed that way. Pulley looks wonderful too.

So.. bits and pieces checked before we fly ten days in a row... Ten days if the weather is nice and the winds are agreeable.... Soon to be seen.. again... as we reach the the last few days before it all feels like its speeding up.....

Okay.. now its time for the banner and logo... Banner is a nice shot by Mary.. Love how the grass draws your eye off to the museum while we stand to the side.. saying.. yeah.. go ahead.. see something else too.... Hi Keith, Bob, Greg!



If you know your Memes....

All in jest..... Or ... well.. Better to know what day it is..even if its impossible to get everything done in time.  My typing it would seem is at an all time low today... Wow!

Have a nice night.