Sunday, September 6, 2015

Educational afternoon and evening

I spent this morning touching up the painting in the guest bath. Its as good as its going to get. So much repainting as the paint decided to stick to the tape and caused me to pull off the paint itself. IF I were to do this again I would for sure remove all plug covers and other attachments so that didn't happen again.. I think also I would BUY A BLOOMIN PAINT SPRAYER!  Flippen one coat paint didn't coat in one coat!


I did get on with more Fallout 3 NV ( I hate watching paint dry ). For some reason its now called Clean Out New Vegas as I seem to just keep cleaning... Everything possible to be picked up must be picked up. Wow... Again I also seem to have to put all the teddy bears I find on the bed. Must be something from my childhood. WHAT I DON'T KNOW! I didn't nuke anything I didn't have to this time which was nice.

This afternoon was an enjoyable visit and deep fry turkey get together and an interesting conversation on all things... but also about Whiskey and why its not spelled Whiskey if the Whiskey comes from outside the US or Canada... Like.. Whisky... from Japan... Very interesting. Still could barely try a sip of a few of the amazingly beautiful colored bottles... just not a drinker.. I have no referent. I would rather drink ice cold milk and eat cherry pie... I just cannot get my head around drinking to drink even if my instructor of the day explained to me over and over again that its not drinking to get drunk but to enjoy that "very expansive and totally wasted on me ( My words ) wonderfully woody or mossy or .. well.. I just have no palate nor ability to enjoy them. From their colors I would expect them to be sweet and delicious but I cant get past the aftertaste... I dunno...

I really enjoyed the chats going on... about Whiskey and its trappings... different types of liquors and other items and visits to distillery's and that... plus a cool visit with a concealed carry instructor.. which was totally cool and the other great talks from everyone else. So to me.. I enjoyed a great afternoon of visiting punctuated with slight tastes of funny things... Below are some pictures of the three main items on the table. All were interesting.. I will comment below..


This was a Japanese Whisky ( no E ). Very woody tasting.. Like a piece of plank in your mouth. Not bad but?!?! Not milk. Beautiful golden orange honey color.




And a Kick it was... I am tasting  less than quater pinky of these...  I can see this being a kick. An astringent or almost black licorice smell.. tasted like nothing but the burn of the jalapeno was quite evident at the end. Cant taste the alcohol through the pepper. Nice but not Milk.



Going to smack you with a wet sock.. take that sock and put rocks in it then hit you over the head with it.... Amber colors were amazing... tasting it was dangerous in the tongue curling up and you biting it to get the feeling back. Definitely not milk and not for easy sipping.

Wonderful hosts and loved that I could get a bit of a taste of some things I would never in my life go near nor even get a chance to get near in my lifetime. The deep fried turkey ( and great side dishes ) was excellent and all in all a wonderful time. There is talk of caravanning to a distillery up in Wyoming... I think with a stop off at the parents on the way for a visit.. I will go for sure but I will go to take pictures of the amazing colors and everything else that goes along with the trip... Plus the positives of hanging out with these fun people is acceptable even though they don't drink milk.

A card I have to have made... A very good thing to have in your possession these days... Not saying its necessary nor really needed nor that it would be ever used but nice anyways. I learned a lot from the short conversation on the laws of the land and rights and all.. very instructive. I will for sure signup for a class after Fiesta is over.
Even photographers get rousted sometimes... even though there is a law stating you have the right to take pictures of anything publicly... its happened.


Facebook banner and logo for the night.. we are almost down to the 25s....



Jack rabbits on the West side are everywhere.... as you fly over them and they jump start its wild to see how fast and how far they can go.. never in a straight line....