Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Specs... N Stuff.. Balloon that is...

I said I would get the specs for my balloon up and the temps my manual say are its limits.

Okay.. my balloon is a Lindstrand X-69,
69,000 cubic feet large. Or small really really small.
max continuous operating temp is 257 degrees.
10 minutes in any two hours and no more than 10 consecutive minutes is 275 degrees.
275 degrees is never exceed.



What this means is... with a bit of wiggle room,... if you heat the balloon past that temp you could in fact melt the top out of your balloon and fall out of the sky. Really!  Its impregnated diamond weave nylon fabric.

Absorb that and I will go over the full balloon thing later....

Cheers!
This is Patturns Highperactive ( middle ) over the red rocks of Gallup New Mexico. An amazing flight. Notice the shape compared to the balloon to the right.