Monday, January 28, 2013

Photography and the Desert

Today I went along on a run to Clayton New Mexico and back. It was an over 13 hour day on the road.


Nothing to do with Videos, but some to do with Photography and Electronics... and that frustration thing....

Most of the drive up was fine. Stopped quickly to stretch at the I-40 and Villaueva intersection. I snapped off a bunch of shots of the sunrise in the clouds. Plus some of the road signs and trees that were there asking to have pictures taken. I will post them tomorrow. The time up in Clayton was seriously aggravating. The winds were blowing so very hard.. howling... howling over the howling. We went up to replace a ground to air radio that is glitching. It works well but there is a snap or slip in the transmission. After troubleshooting it we came down to it being the antenna or the cable from the back of the Automatic Surface Observation system ( ASOS ). One of the problems we run into is that we do not have the parts available on hand. That means another trip up and back is necessary.

On the way back it was so very windy as well. I was not driving..... But I felt the truck shaking and it grates the nerves. So thats why there is little here other than my observations on the wind. Wind.. with wind comes dust... dust.. no pictures... sorry.. LOL...

Mmm.. yes.. Villanueva NM...

http://www.adobenido.com/blog/2009/albuquerque/villanueva-nm-spanish-colonial-village-and-beautiful-setting-for-a-new-mexico-state-park/

If you get a chance go there.... Lots of great picture opportunities!! I have somewhere upward of 60 shots of one chair that sat on the side of the road there... It was a wonderful chair... Its gone now.... So very sad....

Go look at my website...

http://invisibleblack.zenfolio.com/f305895756

You wont find the chair... Now... maybe later.... but this is my old things page...

Im squinting so thats enough for tonight...