Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Here ... there.... EVERYWHERE!

Busy day!!!!!

Late day... but a productive day.

A reminder to write things down.

If you do then you can verify as well as jog your memory.

Lots to do tomorrow at the office as well as after.

Tonight was a AAAA general meeting. Thats not AA for AA... but the..

Albuquerque Aerostat Ascension Association

  A very large group of Hot Air Balloonists and crew members. We have what we call mini rallys every month... and by mini rallys I mean rallys with around 30 to 40 balloons at a time give or take. What is a large balloon rally in other parts of the world we do every month... thats what I am trying to say. Its great to live in a State that you can fly year round. We do it too.

Let me expand on that... slightly...

It is not too hot nor too humid to fly any month of the year here. If you know how hot air balloons work.. skip this...

Balloons fly by being hotter than the surrounding air. Flying a balloon which weighs a lot, then adding pilot and passengers requires a good range of surrounding air temp to balloon temp. The maximum temperature most balloons are rated at is 250 degrees continuous. Meaning that the inside top of the envelope should not exceed that temp....there are other parameters I will go into later... Ill post my balloons specs later. You can lift a balloon with all the equipment that entails and people and move through the sky easily here. Well... relatively. Ill get the data later then post more on that subject.... Its cool though.

Back to AAAA

One of my little things I do is edit the AAAA monthly newsletter. ( don't expect any format here... I did warn that this is loose writing ( ha ha ) ) Or mini magazine. There is a LOT of editing to compile this newsletter including formatting the type, pictures, advertizements....not including a bunch of other stuff. The spell checking and grammar are checked by a few people because it is too hard for one person to do both. And our reviewing over and over takes time too. I do ask for submissions for pictures and I have hopes I will get a lot more than I am now because I have been using my own and I am tired of looking at my pictures.. I want to see what everyone else is shooting. So... if you are reading this and in the group please, please, please send me your photographs of the rally's. Thanks!! LOL.. I will keep asking. I wont stop!

Meetings... rally's, mixers, and happy hours...friends....like family.... And an Education Foundation too!

Woosh!

Got off on too many tangents again!

I promise to stick to one subject.... soon... someday..... in a nearby reality....

Stay tuned to this channel for more insanity.

Get some sleep!