Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday not Monday

One of the things about Memorial Day that isn't sad is the extra Monday of nothing. You might fill it with things but it's really for remembrance of the fallen and what they in fact gave to keep us all in our silly non thinking safety. I say that as one who did volunteer. I salute those that did give their all and those out there that may have to.

We lost my Father In Law five years ago so its rather somber here. He had a good life and more years than expected but still...



Baby's are for 20 year olds.. This fifty thing is busted. Parents can only be gone for two hours max. Hahahaha... Emily got all giggly when I was making funny wolf sounds and seing if she would pull herself up by my fingers. So far she still has only a little coordination. She is holding her head up much better and looking around. She looks just like her mother did at her age. So I think that is good.

Yesterday I spend way too much time on Fallout and I completed the Far Harbor DLC. Chasing around and farming my settlements has now gained me exactly a million bottle caps. So that is a self assessed milestone. Water carrying is over 50,000. It's all downhill from here. Today I started searching the shore of Far Harbor and found more gnomes. The Gnomes are back. I have not set them up yet as I am still searching around. I did create one settlement inFar Harbors area. I think I have found four or five so far but the only viable one was the lumber yard. Two more I will build once I have enough supplies. Fun City.

Below is the upgrade of the Castle. Didnt know if it was possible to create a great house here but it worked out fine. Upgraded power, sealed, upgraded waster...upgraded entry and weapon positions.

The standard Armor forward overwatch in place over the main gate.  One generator I didnt scrap. its hooke in parallel and I was too lazy to remove it. Fully Fusion power now.

Side of the great house. The walkways extend across the side and support pillars are in place.

1,000,000 bottle caps on the nose! Awesome fun trying to save it enough. Too bad you can't do it this easily in reality.

VIM armor sitting in place. Doubt it will go anywhere but I will set it up sometime so it can be viewed

wood dump. All the boards and bats I collected so I can salvage the wood from them. One of the ways to get wood.

I interrupted a Gnome. he was taking too long in the toilet so I had to just bang on the door.

The lumber mill cleared ( nice loads of wood everywhere ) Great house located and walls u Had a bugger of a time in a few places but it worked. Now to see where the raiders pop up from. Main building is empty. Can't build a radiation cleaner on the island. Stupid.

On my wander around the coastline I found some models and loads of nasty creatures. Gauss rifle works great on them. Have to mod one with a good scope.

So a load of fun and some running around. By making two people leave the island I was able to save and not kill all three main settlements on the island. I still have the nuke key and the windfarm code. Hah! No Nukes for you. I noticed that the Dalton home could be completely scrapped. Bethesda needs me make it so you can do that everywhere in Fallout 4. I have not built a few places because of the buildings and the dead things that never go away. Hates it I do.

On NOT FALLOUT NEWS.... I wored on the balloon line drawings but they are too fuzzy to getthelines exact. Will try and work on it more tonight. I also have to work on my own pin but that will ahve to also wait till tomorrow.

Tomorrow I AM going to pull my burners out. Connect up one side and test it for leaks. I got worried and need to verify them. Then I will play with the drawings again.

I am thinking of putting all my DVDs to files and backing them up. I have far too many movies that I never watch because they are on DVD and not files. I have to find a fast and free ripper.

Other than that... Its been a nice weekend and I get to watch my granddaughter get bigger and bigger and prettier and prettier... Worth every minute.

Hope you all have a peaceful and safe weekend.