Sunday, June 5, 2016

Poster Child for Wasting Time

Forget that its Sunday and tomorrow starts a long week of work.. yeah...five days.. Woah! When did that start happening! No really. The week starts and with that many things that keep the mind occupied and the exhaustion curdling through the blood stream. There is much interest in there and lots of cool stuff but the side stuff can really wreck your mentation levels. So they aren't very good already...who asked..


I am the Editor of the AAAA Cloudbouncer.. which is the largest ballooning group in the world ( I said so ) and the most interesting bunch of people I have known. It has been my pleasure to be the editor these past five plus years. I was lassoed into it but it was fun... is fun... I have learned much.. I have not gotten it where I wanted to go but that has been mostly other things on my time limit and I have never found the time to really hammer out a good modification. It works fine... but it can be better. Can I find time to make that happen. Hmmmm....

Its been a week. Leave it at that. It did not follow the plan and .. well really.. the plan got burned up and a bunch of scribbling on wet bar napkins was inserted into the manila folder late one night on Tuesday. It was still wet.

We had our Granddaughter over Friday and Saturday... She is such a cute kiddo and is very quiet until she is wet....or hungry.. who would be. She is cell phone savvy.. she will look directly into the camera lens for you. I'm just now thinking on how much I have forgotten of my own children growing through the early days.... I have the wont to record ever moment of this ones life. Can she wear a gopro all the time? She is growing and learning sounds and noises and how her arms move and how to hold her hands and feet and how to get that toy just within reach.. and turning over on her face and freaking me the hell out... and well.. my anxiety levels are not going down any time soon it seems.

But she is worth ever silent freak out by me.

She can giggle now.... With it she will get her first car I am positive.


I am down here and you will not break eye contact with me regardless on how much your back is screaming from leaning over. No really.. dont .. jsut dont do it.


Someone is not holding me and I have been left in this chair for moments but I am going to give you my death stare until you correct your boorish manners and pick me up.. it had better be soon.


I almost had to leave work and go hold her after I got this picture. Geesh....!

So she did this on Saturday; when her parents were here she started yelling just for the heck of it. First time she has done that. When she is alone with us she only cries for a change or food or to be held... never just to see how loud she can be.... it was novel. She is working sounds out now and that's always interesting to listen to.

On the other..minor...part of my life..... I have not done much with photography.. except pictures of the baby. I really don't like picture sittings as they look so terribly fake. I'm one for action and originality. So.. its been the baby and what she gets up to without props and crap. Sorry. Its ok for most just not me it seems.

Ummm..... I an watching the prices of camera body's... Waiting to see how far my favorite body will drop. I want another body for my fisheye lens that will take a 24 meg pix shot. Soonish. I also have my eye on a micro or tiny computer. Its all of 8 inches by 8 inches by and 1 1/2 inch. Why.. because my damned surface will only take 5 USB attached devices ( AKA External Hard Drives ). Any more that 5 ( 8 over all but I have other things that have to be connected ) or it will crash the last thing attached. Since I mirror all my drives that goes up to 8 to 10 drives. I would love to NOT have to unplug stuff all the time or plug stuff in... damn but its a pain. So yeah... If I got this little device  I wont be using it for gaming but I will use it to process pictures and draw and design and edit and stuff.. Its powerful enough for that.. Just not a graphics beast. I have an Xbox for that.  So I am watching the price on that too.

I am going to ... damnit again.. get my passport done... Its almost time to travel... So yes.. that too.

On the time sucking side of life... that would be Fallout 4 ... where I thought I was almost at a point were the interest would start waning and I could go do other things.. no.. they now allow you to use computer mods and made an easy to access mod portal.. damn them! DAMN THEM!!! I have yet to load a mod but I will soon I expect. One that makes the trees have leaves and the grass be green. If there is one thing I would like to be able to do in Fallout 4 it would be to plant trees. Lots of trees.

Some shots from the building this last week. I have built up three new areas in the Far Harbor section and dealt with a pain settlement in the main section. More about that below.

You ask what fills my time after work when I am decompressing.. I rarely watch television..so... I play this while listening to music.

Far Harbor Dalton Farm.. Now Dalton Massive... Secured. Distant view. Major gun emplacements over the main gate.building walls in water that really go to the bottom is very hard. No I do not cheat on that.

Croup Manor I left alone for a long time because it had dead bodies all over that would not go away and a huge building I could not repair nor tear down.. Soooooo... Decision.. Build right over the mother sister!! Hah! Interior. Gateway in to right... Stairways to upper living level to right. Armor protector gollum in front. Stupid manor house on left. Water filtration behind the cement curtain wall.

Exterior ground view of Croup manor Now labeled C Fortress from entry roadway. Dual from weapons towers too.


Come at me Bro!


I visited Diamond Market on Halloween at last... Funny. Cant wait for Christmas.

Validating supplies of 10 by 10 cement foundation blocks I use for walls. 1020 should be enough for the next and probably last settlements build.


Kings Port Lighthouse upper deck extended and stairway expanded.

Far Harbor Visitors Center upgrade. I even used the entryway as the tradesman rest area. Cows are already in the place. People are coming in right now. A bit of a fiddle with the fog machines but it worked.


Dalton Farm Massive waters edge. Had to jog a bit there by the jetty but I was NOT going to go back and fight the current to re - lay the base foundation damnit. Was hard. Didn't matter overall its a nice rectangle. Looking from the living area.


Far Harbor Mill over look from another building I cant remove. Nice balcony with supporting pillars below.. you just cant see them in the mist. I enclose the generator and water supply under in its own room with a powered door. Fun that.

Kick butt time. Prepping to do Longfellow cabin island. Big area to enclose. I will probably go look at it then sleep on it. Once that is done I will probably load my first mod to make everything greener and see what happens.

After that I think I can set the game aside for a few days and hit it only one or two days a week.

If you don't believe it can get captivating.. go ahead and try playing to level 25 and stop right after.. good luck with that.

Off I go to secure the future..... Heh