Sunday, May 1, 2016

It may be May but it feels like January. FALLOUT 4!!

Cant work outside and even the garage is a bit chilly.. whcih means... MORE FALLOUT 4!!!

Who can hate that?

Okay I know one person.. but they cant hit me from where they are sitting so... hahahahaha....

First though..I hate paperwork hoops, red tape without the ability to correctly clear it. Nuff said.


Changes in Fiesta.. Since my Son got his private Pilot licence last week we decided at this time to enter him into Fiesta as my second pilot.. and since his balloon is working ( my first balloon ) I thought it would be great if he could fly his own balloon in his first Fiesta. It is a very great responsibility and it is a daunting task to fly with 500 plus balloons. Yes.. in Albuquerque we do fly with more than a regular rally ( 25/35 balloons ) usually but 500 plus is a very large number to be working around. SO.. I will be having a chat with him about it here and there so that he really understands that your head has to be on a swivel at all times in a 360 degree sphere and you cant relax until you clear most of the traffic around you...which is usually 30 to 45 minutes into the flight.

Its am amazing thing to do. It is THE bucket List thing if you ever did a bucket list ( of which I do not ). I am just happy that the wonderful people at AIBF ( Jenn and others ) make it so easy to do. So for the 15th year I think we are going to do what so few get to do. Maybe this will give me an incentive to finishing off last years videos.

I did get to fly this Saturday.. it was excellent... So shots...

Another PIT on her practical flying examination. She did great..even with me getting in front of her and bouncing around... and she was also doused in syrup and sparkles like my son... sigh....



Trent and I drop in and land in the arroyo. Took the moment of non movement to get some up pictures trying to recreate a shot I want to make huge.. missed it again. Damn. Then we went up and out then back in.. touched and left a strange mark in the sand then way up and away.

Looking back at the gaggle. Great shot of Olaugh ( sp) and the city.

More balloons chasing us ( hah ) See the shadow in the arroyo.. just back from there is where we touched down. It was a load of fun though the winds were squirrelly enough to have me land after 45 mins.

I headed for a nice open zone next to Unser and lined up as the winds showed but when we started to drop down lower the wind shifted us East where there was no wind before....dropped more just to see what was there along the edge and found a cooker heading North West which brought us right to where I wanted to land.. and it was a nice one over a building and pretty clear of mess except for one chair.. so strange. Landed, packs and put away with only four of us. Only bummer for the day was somehow my pilot switches ( knobs ) got scuffed up and that made me mad because I take very good care of it and that means when it was out of my hands it was treated less kindly than it should have been. Now I have to get replacements unless I can polish it out;.. sigh.

Today its so nasty outside everything I had planned is shot. No dump runs.. no more shed cleaning, no garage clear.. all I can do is work on pictures, files, and play FALLOUT!!

Okay.. I only played a bit.  I ( cover your eyes anyone who does not like video games.. shhh ) Am upgrading my settlements now that there is cement walls, windows, doors and a bunch of other stuff to work with. It makes it a bit easier to clear area and raise housing up and get separate rooms for each settler. I kept to a formula build with two rows of five rooms to a side with an open center space for living. Even toilets and bathtubs.. damn fine! Here are some shots of a few places upgraded.

Warwick... ( okay.. if there was a way to structurally support some things I would but you work with what they give you ) Open area.. nice grated flooring on the main settlement rest area... Seats and stores.

Neat new lighting choices too.

Warwick provisioner rest area with dog and box. I have now started moving my doggies up to the main area.


Kingsport.  The back of this is a massive cement wall build. Took ages to get it to sit right. MASSIVE! Upper area on housing block is the settlement generators. Hidden away from nasty people with guns. I put my armor up on the roof since Kingsport has a limited footprint.


Taffington. I really had to adjust the back wall and side walls to allow for the unmovable and unworkable items in the game. Lots of frustration sitting walls down. Note the floating roof line to the right. Yes.. I did float a roof here.. because the game creators do not allow you to rebuild roofs on existent housing and you cant move the beds nor settlers that are there. Stupid.. I also have a problem with dead people who do not go away. It made me mad so I made them a roof.


Taffington from across the river. The new cement walls let me really secure the river side and right corner. Before it just wold not let you sit anything down right. Water filtration plants below the housing. One of my big moves is to have all settlements support as much water filtering as possible. Oh and the floating roof to the right. HAH!


Sommerville. Had the original housing over the top of the roof I cannot repair ( but I can make huge cement forms! ). Here I had a huge span and if possible I would have a support pillar on each side of the house but I cant. This block house is not attached to the back wall but has a walk way between the outer wall and the rooming area so that windows could be placed in each room. Upgraded all the weapon emplacements too.


Zimonja.... whatever. Bad place to build anything. You cannot remove the center shacks and they are a jump in point for raiders and other creatures all the time. Very small footprint to build so I built way up. I moved the crops and water out of the way of where the raiders jump in and surrounded that spot with laser emplacements. Here is the housing and main rest. I decided to completely cover the area with grated flooring to allow sunlight into the well. Housing is again detached from the exterior wall for safety and light.


The Zimonja well. See that crap off to the left.. irritating. That big metal wall to the right hides all the water filtration plants. Turrets everywhere. Again if I could have put a pillar in the middle I would have.



Latest hard build site is Finch farm.. or now. Finch Fortress. Housing separated from the exterior wall. Crops below with cow and water filtration. This is the first settlement I decided to use a fusion plant on the roof instead of small generators. Since this settlement gets hit by high level attacks all the time I surrounded it with the most powerful weapons and ran electricity to everything. Nifty and pretty nice place to live.


Interior shot of housing.. not great art on the wall but it beats severed heads of cows...

Finch Fort looking North East. Armor on display over the main gate with two guard posts and massive weapons on the wall above.

Fusion! 100 power points per. I didn't need anywhere near that much but it was more compact than the other generators and its not belching smoke. I probably should have run multiple lines for back up but it was not necessary.

FFort. Looking at the lower provisioner waiting area on right...and the nice new lighting set up to use some of that fusion power.


FFort from the outside looking at the gate. Why such a small stairway up and in. Cause raiders love to run up them and get inside. This stops that. Tried dual nice stairways and ramps. No way to close the gateway so this is the fix.


Zimonja and Finch were probably the hardest to build but Finch worked better and faster than I thought. Now.. Now I have to go farm my settlements for water and supplies so I can buy more steel and cement and wood.  It takes a while to do that with a stop in the middle to buy stuff and scavenge and the attacks on settlements.

Its been a lot of fun so far. There are rumors of elevators coming and some other building options so I am not working real fast to rebuild every settlement.... and I know I will go back to those I have done and add elevators in for sure.

I had nine settlements attacked almost at the same time yesterday. Three, two, three, and one. I and my settlements repelled every one. A few all I did was stand there while my auto turrets erased the attackers to the point I was looking for eyeballs in the grass. Excellent.

Trying to screen capture that is very hard as it happens so fast once I have popped in.

More to do but its almost babysitting time for the granddaughter so... I am off to see what else I can get done before then.

Have a good one.. Stay safe.. always drink Nuka Cola!

PS I keep setting up my shots of the game with my camera eye.. hilarious.