Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mothers Day! and sites.

A quiet Mothers day...as we usually run these things.. Just like Father day and Valentines day and every other concocted day to remove money from your pocket for some made up event. Don't fall into it. Though I will wish a wonderful Mothers day to my mother and wife and daughter and friends now..I am not going to go buy things for them because its "that" day. I can do that at any time of the year and its much more heart felt if its spontaneous than set to a day or date. If you note Walmart you can see that they have a holiday set up so that one leads into another so you are forever buying stuff your loved one really doesn't want or need. If... and I qualify this.. If your significant other insists you buy expensive stuff on specific days..... maybe its not you but what you give that has drawn them to you... Just saying. My opinion.

The most wonderful person is the one that is not into things or bits of stuff. For your consideration.



I have spent that last week or so refiling my files. I had split my photographic files into Raw and Jpg but it got out of hand trying to back those up and onto multiple drives and all through a Windows Surface computer that will not allow more than 7 items to be hung off a USB device. That is one of the most annoying things about a Surface is that limitation that they still haven't fixed. Seriously irritating. But I digress. So... Moving files around.. verifying.. finding bad or corrupt files ( that's why they are backed up ) and moving them.. we are talking terabytes of data. Its a pain in the butt. I am re-backing up a drive because due to a corrupt file I cannot delete it. So for one folder I have to format the whole drive if the chkdsk wont clear it. Ugh! I have hopes.

Work related... I had to take some leave as I had run past the permissible limit on a type of time.. If they paid it out on time it would have been a lot less and I was also not aware of the limitation so... regardless I had to bring my time back down..which I have almost done. I have 45 minutes to clear off still.. Probably next week I will leave early. Its put a crimp on my work load. Works still there but times not so I have to consider what is more important first and that changes as people walk into my office. It makes it all the more interesting. Fun most times. A great job but don't tell anyone I like it.

The facebook banners have been dark this week as I am in a mood. Not explaining. No.













The last one came to me while my mind was thinking of something entirely different.  A good tether is very important in ballooning and the only time its not used is if its dead calm and its still a good idea to use it. It keeps your balloon from taking off before its hot enough to go up. Surface winds will at times take a balloon off the ground while it is not inflated of hot enough to lift.. which is called false lift and you will smack down right after if you let it happen. Bad things happen then.

Which reminds me that I forgot to add something to the CB so I will be doing that right after I finish here... sheesh. The CB has been problematic this month.

Fallout 4... Irritated.

With the new building mods available its still a pain in the ass to figure out how to build things around objects you cant move.. some are so irritating ... wow... just reverted to an old save for the third time since the location I wanted to mod was so unfix-able. Ugh.

Some of the others...

County Crossing is one of the easier places to upgrade except for one tree and two power poles.


Coastal Cottage sucked due to trees again. If there are trees they should be removable damn it.


My Army awaits. Heh.


Yeah.. frustrated and a new DLC is on its way... Maybe I should just wait for it to arrive. Sigh.

Now back to your regularly scheduled viewing.

Oh. I had my burners out of my hands for a while and my pilot light switches got damaged. Well I received a nice call from the builder about how to fix them.. Which I will do this week. No time to hit a store for supplies  so I will get to it. Nice that I am able to remove the knobs myself. Hoping I can polish them out without changing their look. If not......