Sunday, March 3, 2019

Upheavals and paperwork

This next weekend is going to be a buster. This weekend both days are of relaxing and connecting with a chair and a blanket and surfing youtube for interesting things. Sadly they cant expand their recommendation algorithm so it keeps puking up stuff I have no interest in or things I have seen already. Pity as it was somewhat fun.


This nice cloudbank showed up when I was meandering about. It was much more full and expanding when looked at by my eye. All sorts of light flares.... oh well.. It was my cell phone camera so can't ask for much.


The week in review... Ducks.. seemingly everywhere...

I've shown this around already but it's my favorite so far as it looks like a pool of mercury.

Snarfing ducks. Just sipping water and going about in circles.. and when a dog gets near they all chirrup the same sound... 

I have more pictures of ducks but they are all looking the same about now so why drive you nuts too.

A shot from the roof of my office off West to the dome of the weather radar that is going to be taken off and then put back on again very soon.

A closer view. Lots of junk in the air this day.

Mount Taylor. Lots of snow on it. Over the valley and to the escarpment the camera does good things even with the air being so chunky.

Downtown Albuquerque. Unfortunately, they moved this old plane in the way.

 Other than that...

I had to do a full review of my log books and docs to make sure I am ready for the 2019 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta registration on Monday. So I took the time to refamiliarize myself with my flight manuals. My basket weighs 163 pounds by itself!!! All that adds up and sure is heavy for old people to be moving about.



Patches of all four balloons we own. They are very nice and I need to get some done for another jacket. I need a lightweight waterproof jacket.



NEW SHOES!!!  I am past my penance time for screwing up my last Vans by getting bleach splattered on them and my cheapos from Walmart have died in the heel. Good cushion in these. Hope they last a long time. About two weeks of Starbucks coffee.. if I ever went there any more.


Aerco refinished my son's basket from its old worn out red ( pink ) faded basket into this dark horse beast. A very good job and quite well done as painting wicker is hard to do and get it all covered.



One of the pastimes on youtube is watching this guy bounce around London.



https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWqceEDVxifaU3ljzMH5tg


Full of humor and silliness he wanders about giving you a full-on tour with history or bits of trivia. Id take his tours if I ever get over and have the time. Every video so far ( other than the ones on celebrities or govt )  I've watched and enjoyed.

He led me to this song and once it was in my head I had to go to Wikipedia and hunt it up only to be reminded that we played this game way back when... then lots of memories flooded in and wooshed around. Here are three pages from the site but you should go read it all yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oranges_and_Lemons








Had to play some hard rock after to scrub it out of my head but now I've looked at it again it's bouncing around again... some Jethro Tull soonish...

Also found this in my wandering and it was funny how you had to enable it.. try it and see...

Night time view of facebook messenger.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-enable-facebook-messengers-secret-dark-mode-on-a-1833014003

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-enable-facebook-messengers-secret-dark-mode-on-a-1833014003


I have also gotten my paperwork ready for Angel Fire.. including a printout of  my home printer.. as irritating as it was ( everything I did to get it working led to another thing needed to get it working to the point we were seven steps in and still couldn't get a thing to print fully ) I got it to work at last.

But it was a bugger.

As well as the above I was able to get all the varied thumb drives loaded onto my Editor drive and then formatted clear. Now all I have to do is go through every file and put it all in one common file to get rid of the myriad of duplicates that suffuse the drive. I couldn't believe the backups of backups of backups. Gasp... Then copy the whole thing to the backup drive. Can you say FUN!

Lastly, I stumbled onto a few how-to videos on my Sony RX10V4 camera. Two great takeaways were that there was a smaller focus zone setting, which is great because when you zoom in at times it would get too many things in the larger focus zone and I could be sure it was focused on what I wanted and sometimes didn't due to too many things to lock onto. Also, it has more focus setting than I thought.

Second thing was slow mo video shooting. Pretty cool stuff and didnt even know it was there. I am sure this camera has more secrets to expose but dang.. only so many days in a week years in a cycle, cells in my head to fill.. two.. really just two.

This week or tomorrow starts the radar modifications and a lot of work but I still plan on getting the Sony out and trying out the new settings. Something to show you next weekend maybe.

Next weekend I was going to go to a safety seminar but have an engagement flight scheduled on Saturday and training on Sunday... going to be a busy weekend!

What are you doing with your time?