Sunday, March 17, 2019

Unsettling Weather no Flying

Didn't even get the system out of the back of the trailer. This is probably the saddest its ever been.

( I am listening to Dido's Some Kind Of Love while writing this )


Wind reports for three days before were stating 5mph on the exact spot! I had a guy who wanted to propose to his girl and we had a sweet set up to fool her and then get the proposal a couple hundred feet over Paradise ( The road, but that sounds so awesome...  Engaged over Paradise...sigh ) and what happens... Freakin gusts above ten MPH and no slowing. So since he was bound and determined he went ahead on the ground.

We are still going to set up a flight in April but that really put a damper on my weekend. We did chat a lot after but the cold biting wind just drove us all to our homes.

A quick stop in at Wecks for breakfast before the house... should have gone to Vics. The coffee was ... bad. Food was okay by me. The green chili and red chili were great. The omelet was good too and toast nice but a bit thicker than I like. I am sadly a person who like to stay with one thing so I was off track the whole way.

Since I was talking of the NWS radar last week I will let you know that it was all buttoned up and running  ( with only one error showing ) on Saturday afternoon. Our Radar Tech had it cleared up and closed and I didn't even have to venture out there on Saturday at all. Saving me another day off at work and the Govt the overtime for me to do things the Tech can do as easily. My poor brain goes into the process in this kind of situation. Who needs to be there, how many techs are required, how much time will it take, what is the justification for each person and if there is overtime involved its a primary process. It gets weird in my head.  I could not justify my going up there on Saturday and watching a basic signoff for two to three hours of overtime. I have full faith in the Tech who was there.

Tomorrow, hopefully, the unit that is giving the error will be in and it can be replaced quickly. Well as quickly as the waveguide can repressurize. There are many more items on my list of "chase downs" to get clear this coming week.

I love my job... I really like the people I work with... I hate my commute but its much better than a lot of people so I shouldn't really complain. I'm old so I can.

One of the comments out on the field, while we were chatting, was how old some of the stuff we have is. I remembered I have a pentel pen from the 1980s that is still going strong and in use. Might have a few scratches but hay... I use it. 0.5 with cap and hidden eraser.


I have two more, red and blue, but they are younger than this one. Funny but nowadays I use a pen more than anything. I only go to the pencil when I want to correct things in sketches.

Other items that came up in other conversations... board games, photography, walking/jogging Fiesta and preps for that, annuals and evals and safety seminars and diets.

My favorite games besides Fallout 4 are Pachisi and Spite and Malice. Both can be found with Hoyle games for computers. The rules for spite and malice are a little different than the regular game but still close.



You can even make an avatar for yourself.. and the other characters can talk if you want to be annoyed all the time. A good old set of games.

Had a good visit with my Ex Son In Law and his Son. We spun out ( spoke of ) on everything above as well as fast diets and the Keto diet and youtube stuff and internet stuff in general. They are great people and fun to chat with.. though I may have taken over the conversation. I need a good pinch at these times.

We did go over the proposed trip to England again. Just the parts on like Stonehenge and how it's nice and all but since you can't walk about the stones now its limited in interest but Avesbury is a great stone circle you can wander about in and even act like a stone in a place where the stones are gone but a marker is in place... always fun. Lots of other stuff but it gets everyone excited as we all would love to go visit and do the semi-tourist thing.

Its 201 days until the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta... seems like a long time to go but we who have been through this before know that if you blink the time is gone. Much to do... Annuals on both envelopes and probably a new crown for In Czech, Basket, and Highperactive should have no trouble passing. nothing at all wrong with either. Then find some step bars for the truck so everyone can get up and in the truck with no troubles... Pins we have thought I should get the third of four set done... The Balloonists unite... In A field Somewhere...


I am thinking of a yellow background instead of white as that will match all the colors in both my envelopes... I have to re wireframe it and that takes a while.

Also while on the internets I did more research and watching of how to use the Ableton Push 2 and I think I will use my next lump of money ( if that ever happens ) to buy one. This will work to create soundtracks for my videos and also for other things going forward with setting up Youtube channels and such. After learning about some companies and slimy people taking over peoples videos because they "believe" they used some of their music makes me not want to trust any so-called "free" music in my videos and content.



I'll make my own..with drum beats and kazoos..!!!

But I can't do that quite yet.

Many other things to do first.

One sad bit of information is the Lindstrand lightweight Nomad basket is gone. Sold to someone somewhere never to be seen again.



Not like it was FAA approved or anything but it was almost! So now I am back to square one on a lightweight basket. I really wanted a Lindstrand approved system but it seems no one is doing anything along those lines or no one has passed info that they are actively working on it so I am a bit depressed with all that.

But again... more planning and watching time...

Just plan and watch boys... plan and watch...