Sunday, December 10, 2017

A week later and still the glow is there

Red Rock Balloon Rally is a week in the past and still we are chatting about it! Bill Lee and Bill Noe and the other movers and shakers of the rally did a fine job and we keep coming back to that!


The Albuqueruqe Aerostat Ascension Association.... whew.. say that fast five times... put on the Jingle Bell non Rally this weekend. Two days of flying off the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Field without ZEBRAS!!! Woooooo...

I took over 1100 shots the first day and stunningly 875 shots the second day. I didnt mean to.

With the silent shutter on this Sony RX10V4 ( Auto setting chooses between the mechanical shutter and the digital one ) its blinking easy to fire off five to twenty four shots in one press of the shutter button. Looking back at the shots  though it would seem that that only happened a few times and I just took a dang lot of shots. I do know the first day I had the buffer bumping and lagging my ability to take more pictures.

I was doing a mass shot. I was shooting for envelopes, baskets in the air close up and then people. I wanted a shot of each balloon that took off in the air. I did that but it was hard. Okay.. so I expected I would go out the second day and maybe take a shot or two and be done.. nope.. Im not sure why but it got up to that 800 number. Its gonna be a long edit.

But I cant show any of that to you because I have to show you shot of last weeks ballooning in Gallup.... I only did other things last weekend for the Red Rock Rally.. So here goes....

Not all by far but some of my favorites.

Lindstrand Jetstream burners are powerful and very beautiful. Friday Night Glow.

With Mojo ( Ytivarg ) center stage the glow was great.

Those up against the canyon walls got nice reflections.. these are lights ( reflecting )  that were on in the area.

Dawn Patrol slips past the first peak.

PITAS KISS cuts across the knife edge of the first canyon and the people who climbed up strung out along the edge between dark and light.

Bill Lee in his sugar skull balloon gazing down on the brave.

Someone said lunch? Humpty slips down the back side of the canyon wall.

Who's next in line? Stop by, say hi 100+ feet up. Don't have a number.. back of the line!

Looking back at the out canyon launch area. There is an in canyon and out canyon launch space.

Mojo drifts across the top of a ridge heading for the next canyon.

Over the top and down into the dark. Touch the walls gently.

Easing into the crotch of crotch canyon. Everyone wants to give it a go.

Lemmings.... Not that real lemmings really jump to their death but this is more like follow the leader..

Dawn patrol touches the glowing rocks above our heads. ( this was shot at 600mm from across the field )

Red Rock Rally will still be talked about for a long time to come. It was worth driving out, staying three days, flying one time and driving all the way back home. It is a rally second only to the Balloon Fiesta and for flying it is a lot more fun... Or different fun. Fiesta.. 550+ balloons and the river...Gallup.. Canyons and Rocks.. Canyons and Rock!! Awesome lucky to live in this area.

Now next week I will have to combine what we did this week with what we plan to do next week.. unless next weekend is a bad weather weekend and then I can catch up on this blog.

I have been processing the video from my 360 video camera from Gallup and that video so far is awesome! Cant wait to have the time to edit it and show it off.

But many things to do and many pictures promised to people.. so that is what I will be doing next!

Cheers.. Stay Warm... Drink Eggnog!