Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas! Almost

Its Christmas eve and we are all alone this year! So very weird. Waiting for the Twilight Zone music to start and Rod to come out and say.. "Picture this if you will, Two people in one house on Christmas Eve, not a sound, no mice, no carolers. What do they do.... "


We relax. We would rather have the family here but that just the way life is some times. Makes it sweeter when they are about.

I expected to do this blog earlier in the day but decided that I wanted to share some of the activities we do on Christmas Eve so I waited and now at 9pm am at last filing it.

On Christmas eve in the old days when the kids were younger we would drive about the neighborhoods looking at the Christmas light decked houses and the luminaria set out everywhere...

But now... We have a different tradition. We glow our balloon at the Arroyo Del Oso Golf course and then have a pot luck at a friends house.

Sometimes we cant glow but the party after always happens and when we do glow we can chat about it after and enjoy our friends in the comfort of Carol and Rays house.

I normally let my son glow and I run about taking pictures.. but this year I only got a few shots before I had to do the glowing. Mo did the most and I got in for 20 minutes and laid the envelope down when we got a bit of a wiggle from the breeze. Nothing major just that it was time.

Below are a few shots I did get...

So much people in the basket to keep it on the ground. Light envelope.. hot air..wants to go fly.

In Czech ( aka Terpsnickery ) and we had lights this year!!!

Looking West at our friends...

In Czech is a lightbulb!!!

Looking North for a full balloon shot. We were a sammich.

Love that blue.

Not enough time to get many pictures.

Looking East.

Another East shot hoping to get everyone glowing.. nope.

Maybe next year I will let Mo glow his balloon and I will get more pictures. It was a fun evening. Had some hot food and some sweet food and lots of talk.. whew!

Now the balloon trailer and truck are in the side yard and all locked up, Out of the jeans and shirt and in some lounging clothes... Christmas Music on the computer... Not bad.

The only unfortunate of this holiday is the present we got my son didnt show up and its missing somewhere..... but he will enjoy it when he gets it..

A very classy coat with his balloon on the back and Pilot and his name on the front. Totally designed and made by Digital Stitchz ( http://digitalstitchzandelementz.net/) in California!!

So far the only complaint we have is we keep ordering black jackets and the dust we get all over the coats is dark tan.. so the coats get dusty quickly. Next iteration will be tan dang it!!!

Pretty awesome!

Other than all that is Mo did get to fly Saturday morning.. and yes..I dragged my tired old bones out.. it was fun... Swift flight Northward with a little dog leg at the start to the East.

Sunrise... with streamers...

Mo and trent. So fun to see these two flying off together.

Nice glow from both of them. A good day. But it was cold and my two small fingers on each hand were numb.

A good weekend so far....

Oh I also picked up a new computer a while ago to replace my Lenovo that just cant keep up. It took some time to set it up the way I wanted it but its on line now and I am typing this on it now. I have a larger SSD arriving some time but its swift. It has a SSD C drive or an M.2 drive which allows for instant boot. Its true too. Its a Alienware Aurora. Its glowing at me as we speak.. a nice yellow not unlike my envelope colors.. hahahaha..... So some more work to do with it next week.. some mirroring of the M.2 drive and swapping of stuff but all in all it rocks.  Half price too so that is a plus.

Other than that I believe I am getting a thermos for Christmas. Exactly what I wanted.

So to all my friends far and near.. Merry Christmas! I hope all your wishes now and in the future come true for you.

Good night!

( Twilight Zone Music fades out....... )