Sunday, December 31, 2017

On this eve of the New Year

Do you look back or look forward... Or just bury your head like I do?


Highlights from this last year..

Granddaughter turned 1.

Son flew in the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta for the first time.

I thought there might be more but I now cant come up with any more.

Its not that there were so few highlights I cant remember but as much a year of smoothness and not too many insane portions. I like that. Not stasis but calmness.

Ok... Also went to California ( Cali ) for the second time since I escaped the first time. Returned safely. Flew a clear bottomed basket... Twice! Flew a great photographer. Bought camera said Photographer said was the most excellent camera out. He was right. Upgraded my home computer to run faster, stronger, better... Not 6 million dollars to do so. No sound effects. Last and most important is that my Granddaughter is still healthy and getting bigger and stronger and smarter each day.

So a good 2017 for me over all. Lets hope 2018 will bring us all the needed things we can handle and have it not throw any wrenches in our peaceful lives.

That said....

Went to the River of Lights here in Albuquerque for the first time on Wednesday. A nice invite from my ex son in law and fam to walk it. Me...as usual.. the hermit...said.. but its at night and it will be dark out and you know I like to be locked down in the house prior to the crazies coming out!!!

Nope.. Braved the roads and the crazies to get to the Bio Park and walked around and saw the lights and enjoyed the friends and the sillyness of it all.

Took that cool camera ( Sony RX10V4 ) with me not expecting much since I knew that free handing the shots I could get through the press of people would probably be sad.. but I shot off about 500 or so anyway.  Some are below.... but before that.. let me mention my loss of memory. I edited a few and put about 60 up on facebook and thinking I had transferred them to the mirrored hard drives deleted the files on my thumb drive where I edited them.... three days later and tonight I go looking for them..yeah.... I didn't copy anything and they were gone...

Brain ( after screwing up so bad ) popped Recuva  up as a way to recover the files. I downloaded it for free and ran it under deep and it brought all the files up. Copied them by clicking separately ( you have to ) on each of the 620 shots ( more because the edits were there ) to the mirror drive then copied that to the other mirror drive. Whew!

So here are a few...

Aloe plant but the sparkly out of focus lights made it.

More the shadowing of the reeds than the lights.

Reflections of the light

Bokeh and I didn't even see it right away...just liked the framing.

Reflections of Rabbits.s

Contrast from the white rabbit to the green.

What else.. the red and the cool pancake cactus.

Again with the red / green colors.

This area was a dirt path and the people kicked up a lot which made this shot. UFO was sucking up a cow.

Again the reflection onto the leaves made it for me.

I looked for contrasts and diffusion and the odd shot as everyone in the world were taking shots of just the lights shapes.

This would have been a good venue to use a tripod and play with some time lapse shots. Get all the people as moving shadows and the lights static glows.  Maybe Ill have the chance next year.

Ends of 2017.

Decided not to fly again in 2017. Various reasons surrounding no fuel.. though I had time to get fuel my brain kept bouncing the thought of ...why.... Its the last of the year.... What does it matter really...

Then I thought the cool thing to do was go out at 1130.. by myself and pull the basket off the trailer and set up the burner in our regular launch area and at midnight just blast off a good double burn on the burner to strike a chord for the transition... but then thought that one little tiny speck in the infinite universe that has little regard for one lone human standing in a field somewhere at the time an arbitrary time shift happens was quite silly and bagged the idea.

Maybe Ill go out back at 9pm just before getting in my bed and flick a lighter... yay...

It would be a midnight somewhere...  heh.... Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbies strip.

Im just not into midnight, large groups of people, noise, over drinking.... just me really.. not because I am really old.

So happy New Year to you all.. Just turned in England.. so Cheers to family and friends there....

To all you other passengers on this big blue ball.. Happy New Year.... Fingers crosses for the best for rest of you nuts.

60 days until AIBF registration 2018

Bahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........zzzzzzzzzz