Sunday, April 30, 2017

Good to the last drop.

I was re-watching Invader Zim again on Friday evening. IMPENDING DOOM 2!!! The part where Zim was banished to Foodcortia but quit... yeah..... IMPENDING DOOM 2!!! Ok.. its Monday...again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPgXFZ366po

Its the only cartoon I still watch but it was "Banished" a while ago but may be returning...... yeah...
Definitely worth the time to watch. For a cartoon is is very mature in its ideas and humor.


Besides that fun there is the joining of the BFA.. about time probably but hay... better late than never.
Getting a updated version of my Pilots licence... which is very nice. (Edited for security). Even a cool little pin from BFA which I will probably lose if it isn't put in a pin case soon.

Seeing the money go out of my account for my passport... Always a good thing to see they got the docs. Waiting and waiting now.

Annual complete on Patturns Highperactive. Yay!.. Pics below.

Envelope drawn out and a gore by gore inspection. With 24 gores... that's the panel section from top to bottom or bottom to top with the square panels on it. They hold onto each section and walk up and down to look for rips, tears, holes, or other problems. They only pointed out where the fabric had been warped (wrapped too) around the red lines loop from pulling it too far down when venting the envelope to pack up. Will have to watch for that from now on.

Basket had tanks and floor pad removed ( also a lot of dirt from the mesa )  and inspected. My ( copyrighted ) wicker slicker still on. Only two tiny broken pieces of wicker that I know of that no one else will be able to find ( it still bugs me ).  I need two baskets.. one I can beat on and one to sit in my living room.. hahahahaha... Basket passed fine. No problems there. ( NOTE ) Did you know AERCO will hydrate your basket for you??? I didn't! That's cool! Wicker needs to be hydrated or it becomes brittle and breaks easily. I wash my basket down about three times a year.

Two Lindstrand 15 gallon tanks and one 10 gallon. Good to go.

I asked if my green turning vent line could be lengthened so it hangs a little lower at the basket so I can strap it up and out of my way. It was hanging about arms length above me for some reason.

See that curtain of yellow fabric back there... my baffle! That's to keep the hot air up in the top of the envelope. Color coded by Lindstrand USA! One off! They are so nice.

There was more going on. Watched while my burners were taken apart for a complete inspection and all my nozzles were checked for obstructions ( I thought I had an obstructed nozzle ) ... none found. Ill get a picture of them once I clean them up again. They are very dirty.

In the end everything was checked out and passed cleanly. Seven years old and going strong. Now that I have In Czech ( Terpsnickery ) Highperactive will see less hours but that means longer life. Probably the last envelope I will buy unless I live a long long time or I start flying a hell of a lot more.. you never know.

I think I was going to do cleanings this weekend and forgot. OOPS!

Oh.. yeah.. It rained and was flippen cold out Saturday so that was a no go. Forgot.

Besides the above I was able to pick up a nice pair of Vans sneakers for work. My old Walmart type are not being sold any more and the last pair lasted only two months... not good. Went to the mall for the first time in ages and saw how many shops had packed it in and moved out and how few have replaced them.

The overhead for mall space has to be high and with on line shopping.. how can you make money?

Still working on the plans for the trip to England...more on that next weekend... great suggestions from friends. It will be a hoot to chat with friends and family when we get over there face to face.

Lots of fallout 4 since it was raining and my "in house" work was pretty much done. I'm so far along on F4 that I am now just messing around with things to see what will happen. I expect I will not touch it for a week now as its gotten boring and I have other things to do.

One of those is software for Ipad ballooning. I got another suggestion for a different app... so far I like the first one better but I have yet to play with both at the same time and see what happens and how each handles all the data.

I wonder what fun this next week is going to dish out......

Enjoy the remainder of your sunday!