Sunday, April 23, 2017

Dawn of a new week

Lets see here..........

Compare and Contrast........ I used to hate that statement. We will return to that in a moment.


It was a week.... When you work in the govt or in the military you learn this quickly. You wait a lot and then you do a lot in a short period of time. Rarely do you do things slowly or in specific order.

Its usually something like.. order your supplies.. wait... get part of the supplies...wait... get more items... wait... find out that some items you need aren't in the package... reorder... wait... stage and install.

I know it happens in the real world also and that there are limitations there to as to how things work. Yeah. Railing against reality again. I hate waiting and having multiple things pending as they either get forgotten or get mixed up. Any ideas on how to keep projects separate. Yeah me too. They mostly don't work.

A couple more things. Ordered some table tops from IKEA. One arrived via Fed Ex damaged... Then reported that and had to wait almost two weeks for the replacement table top.. which Fed Ex damaged. Called IKEA.. Yes they were sorry .. yes they would replace it.. No.. shipped same way.. why??? Its just going to get damaged again and I will have to wait another two weeks to be disappointing. Change the damn shipping company or reinforce the corners of the damn boxes.


Not that they cost a lot but sheesh!

The high point of my week was at last getting my passport processed.

I have had the docs done for a year and sat on them. Bad enough that when I got to the post office to process them, get my picture done and pay I had to redo the whole doc package again. No worries as it was hardly over run with people and the ladies behind the counter were terribly nice. Got my picture taken, Then rewrote out the docs, finding two errors and then about 10 minutes of question and answers and it was done and ready to go with even a display of how my passport docs would show up and about when. Seriously nice people... Now to wait for them to arrive.



Next is get the family dragged out and get it done... though now I can do their docs again here so I do not have to do it while wasting any ones time at the post office.

I did also this week order some extra long usb and apple charging / data cords. Nice, quick, colorful, functional...


The throwback braided cloth sheath it nice. Three tangerine and three black/white.

No flying for me this weekend but I did go out and help put up KKisses with Takach Another Breeze for some engagement photos for one of our crew members. Good fun and some breakfast after.

Here are some of the shots.. but not all. You will have to go to my web site for the others.

Warming up the local atmosphere.

 A View to a Joe.

 Put a ring on it.

 A short but novel trip.

Splitting hairs. Probably Murray of World Balloon Co. Fame. Hi Murray!!!

Something like 290 shots and about 25/35 good interesting shots.

So back to compare and contrast......





Which is larger? No, I am not asking crew or Pilots because they know already. Shhhh.



 And some of the pieces and part of a hot air balloon which always draw my eye.

Head envelope with wide straps instead of cables.

Crown centering line structural attachments to the top of the envelope.

Carabiners.

Burner bits. Czech company burners. Very pretty. Kubicek.

Made in Italy. Fuel Hose.

Crown pulley.

Red line but it is white and blue line.

Tiny quick shut off handles.

Some.. a few.. not all... but nifty.

Now I am looking at my over grown weedy front yard and in the back there is the pond and the invasive mint all over. I have to deal with both. Not happy about either. Both are a pain in the butt.

More mulling will have to be done here but now its time for other things.. like getting ready for this next week and items that are more important.. like Fridays upcoming annual inspection of Highperactive.

Weee.... Its Sunday.. go have some toast and tea. Or for me. Toast and coffee..