Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday pre Duex

Since I was so late on last weekends post I wanted to get this out on time.



Lots of interesting things this week. Mainly... was the invitation to shoot a part of the Elevation to the Supreme Court in New Mexico of a friend and fellow balloonist Judy Nakamura. Enjoying it from the left side was great as I counted two official photographers or professionals and two news cameras. I want to think I got some very candid and un-visible pictures from my side. I am sure I missed some good shots from the right but with the venue and the massive amount of people who came out to watch... well it was impossible to run from one side to the other though I did run the left side.

It was the first time I have been in such company other than one visit to a congressman's offices and he seemed to be nice too. To my eye I thought every Justice was very nice and approachable. Did I? No. I loved the smiles and went for every one I could see as well has hugs and other hand gestures... Not really faces and handshakes. There is a difference. I didn't want to push my way in and grab hands.. I didn't even want to get in the way ... I dunno.. I thought it would be... I dunno...  I left after the ceremony and all the great speeches and left it to my fellow balloonists to have fun...

I was incorrectly dressed and my sciatic had had about enough and I didn't want to fall on the ground like I did before at headquarters. Its never fun to just fall down. Better to shoot and run. It looked like a lot of fun from the pictures posted on facebook.

Where are my shots.... out of the 900 plus shots I processed what I thought were the good ones... but since they were very direct shots I have asked Judy first before posting them and I am giving her the option to veto any before I do... So .. what do you get tonight....RRBR Sunday flight shots... just a few..... I did say I would post a few so here they are... One favorite too..

One thing I did love hearing was Judy's comment, and I am going to write this badly.. She said that she would always interpret the laws even though she might personally not like what that meant. Okay my words.. she said it perfectly... Impressive. Ill try and get her to give me the exact words when she has a chance.

Its a lift off... Spun around like a top as usual. The spectators on the ground next to us loved it.

Those in the throat of the canyon were getting some up.. I got some North West into the side canyon.

Spectators on the top- edge of the first rock formation as we came up.

Stalled in the side canyon we watched as the penguin has a very swift level where we could find none and came to us and boped us and slid away.... we still stayed right where we were... So weird.

My fav for the day... Contrasts and the awesome view of people on the top edge of rock between the two balloons.... Love it.


An Adams decides to drop its dress... hahahaha.... Pop A Top.. and down it goes.

It was a fun Red Rock Rally and I have to decide if I want to do it again next year.....

So besides the ballooning and the cool view of Judy donning that black robe..... well its been Fallout 4.

This weeks findings of the game... Companions who decide to stand in your way and mane me eat three grenades.. yeah.. fun..... Or.. when you are getting a nice bead on a head shot on some mutant they stand in front of you.... Or when you want them to carry stuff and they wander off and the game will not hold the option.. That is frustrating.

Fun things.. I figured out a nice barbican or killing ground on the entrances to all my Minuteman supported homesteads... Its a four box making a U. Door way opens and you face a wall and you have to turn left or right to go around that wall to get to the doorway to the homestead but on that wall you turn to face there are three or four gun turrets....which you have to walk past to get in... Great huh! So if raiders or mutants blow the upper gun turrets away they still have to get past the gauntlet in the barbican.

It is bloody murder and pain in the head with forced perspective setting up walls and buildings in this game. The ground is not level and the walls  want to be... They either float off the ground too much or bury into the ground too much. So I have to set separate walls up to try and follow the terrain... most times it works. I did cheat a bit on two places and used pre-made housing units. I like my groupings of cubes and extensions... I am laughing at how many cows show up as soon as a bunch of settlers or wanders arrive.

I have eight homesteads running as well as my private area at the first Red Rocket station. Got tired of people sleeping in my bed in Sanctuary even though there were beds for everyone elsewhere. Its irritating to have people wandering around your place once you have it set up. SOooooooo... Even though most of my stuff is still in my main tower in Sank City my smaller tower at the RR is nicely set up. No space for all the suits of power armor there though... Should I make a second tower to house them all and drop the size of the S City one to standard size. I would like to have towers in all sections of the place.. that would be cool... Not interested in building larger cites for the people... With Diamond City and Goodneighbour I am not sure its necessary.... But I could go on.

I spend more time rescuing idiots in this game and building beds and putting water in then I do killing bad guys... but I have to get into Vault 95 next so.. ugh! Great Exploding ammo shotgun.. my fav weapon so far.

Loads to explore still.

And I am off... voom!