Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Really.. Its Sunday!

Yeah yeah yeah.... After driving back form the Red ROck Balloon Rally I was in no mood to be typing in the blog... so it got shuffled to today.. Yes.. Wednesday.. Not Monday or Tuesday... Lucky its getting done now as the dog is trying to sit in my lap and that means balancing the keyboard on her and she was having nothing to do with that so now she is beside me .. and upset about it... Then there was the whole logging in thing.. System wouldn't log me in and kept trying to send me to my other "non blogger" account which for obvious reasons didn't work.. then.. in a blink it let me in... No accounting the goofiness of computers and the software that runs on them.. and the net and google itself...




Let me deal with the week leading up to last Sunday..... Nothing major happened.. days in a row.... Did get a nice new sliding glass door installed .. and then my zombie proof iron bars restored... I like them even if they do make the view a little jail like... To get in my house you have to cut your way in and that will take long enough for the police to visit and remove said cutting device from your hands... and if you're a zombie.. well.. boom! Bye Bye... So nice to have a door that glides open and closed and is also double paned. Nice...

Friday we took off for Gallup... Made it there in good time even hauling the trailer. Nice hotel right off the main off ramp.. Comfort Inn... Good clean and enjoyable place to stay.. Outside electrical hookups and could back right in very easily. No flying Saturday due to the wind direction and the speeds I think I remember... Sunday was terribly cold but we could fly. My inflation was nice with good crew from Albuquerque there to help.. Paid for their own hotel like we used to when we crewed... Long time ago.. Lovely.... Inflated... and our rider from Saturday didnt show up so I just chucked one of the crew in and with the thumbs up of a colorful zebra we were off... even caught a wind going towards the rocks... made it between two fingers of rock and was becalmed... up... down. nothing.. sat there... even watching others go around us we sat there.. then the penguin balloon came over and bumped off us hard... decided to drop out and look for something but nada.... played around a bit more but no one else wanted to fly so we set down... packed up.. got propane.. and headed home.

It was nice...

The above photo crop and color is what I want on my wall in three separate shots to span the whole shot.. I tried before lifting Sunday to get the right angle but missed it... I got the center bar centered but the burners are too low and there was a balloon on the side... so.. I have to try again here soon.





I did get some pictures of the glow and of flying Sunday but I have yet to get to process the Sunday ones.. The glow was excellent and besides the pictures of balloons glowing or just burning.. because it was breezy at first I decided to shoot the crowds and crowds of people.... Shooting at night in low light is hit or miss but a few were amazing.... Those are below...




And one of my favorites that I show while bobbing in place....



Perhaps by this coming Sunday I will have to morning flights processed and ready to show....

Enjoy your remaining week and see ya Sunday.... I hope...