Sunday, December 20, 2015

Full up.

Many things to be thankful this Sunday....

Parents who love each other.... Friends and family family's ballooning family family.... many other things in this referent....



Staring out on Wednesday really. Two day of work on Mon and Tues... Wednesday I took off in the truck to visit the parents for almost two days,. Had to fit it in between work and my sons flight off of Fiesta field for the first time. Ill get back to that but the above picture is of Kiss A Hoy in all her air flying super... back in the air glory.

Went up seven hours North with fingers crossed the snow that had fallen across Colorado Springs and Denver was gone enough to make driving through it workable. I was worried when I saw the video from the highway cameras but was resolute that I would try and even if turned back at some point I would try.

I made it. Colorado Springs and Denver were wet but very passable. I even drove through Denver on a Wednesday afternoon... known to be one of the worse places to drive in on said day at said time... No problems... yeah a little slow but much better than Albuquerque at rush hour.

When I got off the highway at Longmont the story was quite different... They had 11 inches of snow in places and slightly less in others... They only plow the bus routes... oh yeah.. fun.... In a truck with a light butt.. fun... Tires are pretty new so it was only starts that were a trouble.

I got to see my Mom and Dad bowl...which was excellent and I spent a lot of time with my mom watching her favorite television shows. It was quality time indeed. Dad, I helped disassemble his light awning which the snow had collapsed. It was so biting cold ( 4 degrees ) that it was easy to snap the supports and break it down. Over the side of the deck it went until the snow was gone. That and look at a program for my Dad that was not working right.. turned out to be incompatible file systems... No luck fixing it. Needs to be pulled off old computer and run and copied. Didn't get to a few things but it was a quick trip.



I did also get to visit quickly with my little sister and kids but they were off to the first showing of Star Wars so there was no holding them back. It was a good visit.. a short visit. My mother has advanced Alzheimer's. She is getting on very well with the massive care and love of my father. He is amazing. Compassion and humor. Really loved watching them both. Sorry Mom and Dad.. I watched. You guys are amazing. Mom loves westerns now and Hogans Heroes and MASH. I kinda miss them even sitting and watching them for a few hours. Like my older sister I plan on visiting every month now. Next time.. January for more than two days.

The drive back was without a problem other than the harsh winds South of Pueblo. My average MPG went down to 16.2 but came back up on entering New Mexico. Slipped over the 70000 mark at the same time. Time for the Preventative Maintenance on the Ram.


So yes, the trip was fine going back until just East of Santa Fe when all the serious morons came out to play. One thing that is nice in Colorado.. they get out of the freakin left lane unless they are passing. New Mexico drivers.. not all.. by any means... but the dumbest always park their stupid butts in the left lane on the highway and drive at 5 miles below the speed limit... usually when you cant pass but as soon as there is a break and you can pass them they speed up... some sort of brain dead "cant let you be in front of me" zombie-ism.... I hate them for it. But I did get home and it was all good.

Saturday, the Jingle Bell Non Rally went well... I got a lot of pictures in the crappy light and some of them was neat. Mo flew and did a fine job.. his trainers are great.. Jess was excellent. I do not care to fly off of Fiesta field unless there is a good West push. Its boring...unless you can get to the river and play. Watching the son fly though is very difficult... I worry. He flys fine. I still worry.

Here are a few shots that are worth showing...

Elliptical throat of a new Adams envelope.. Interesting but a little too little nomex for me.


Four good tries. They were all almost swept off their feet as the balloon rose. Funny as all get out.


A "looks like" close flyby.



A happy trainer and a Kiss A Hoy flight off Fiesta field for the first time in around ten years.



You see the strangest things while chasing balloons..... Very strange....


And now its Sunday and my blog is done. I left a whole lot out but there is no time ( space ) and there is not talking about stuff.... But hay....

Dog is on my lap.. Keyboard is laid on top of her as she wont move.. she cares little... she just wants to lay on my lap>?!?!?@

Fallout 4 is still going on. Spent a lot of time getting to rescue people and clear out buildings many times over and try and figure out how to defend or build defenses around settlements that have no level ground and over watching rocks.. stupid. Every time I start getting enough supplies to build nice cement footings and / or walls..they want me to clean something else.... its a royal pain in the butt to try and set this stuff up. I didn't want to set up more than a few settlements but there is a constant request from the dingle berry in Sanctuary to clear this out and set that beacon up.. yeesh!

Okay I am going to play a little more before bed time.. sigh.. damn these people making these games.