Sunday, December 27, 2015

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!

To all of you who I have not said Merry Christmas to.. Merry Christmas!

And the New Year is around the bend. To this I say.. Please bring stability, happiness and less stress to us all.



A blurred shot of the Christmas Eve Glow at Arroyo Del Oso Golf Course which in the past has been also for breast cancer awareness.

It was fun... Cold... but not windy and my Son was able to do his first glow as a PIT Solo ( Pilot In Training ). He soloed that morning. Did a good job of it and landed right at a place I have used before. Nice cul de sac. So we glowed our old balloon Kiss A Hoy. I got 15 minutes of it. I still remember how to keep it bright and on the ground even with the paravent. The pictures below are from that evening event.

We had lots of crew and lots of food and fun at the pot luck after. Ray and Carol always throw a good after glow party. Sorry no pictures of that as I refuse to shoot people eating. Its rude. Id not like anyone taking my picture stuffing my face so......

Christmas was nice and quiet and just the kids. It was nice. We did get to put luminaria out or I should say my Son did it before we got home from the party. Very nice.

Most of the remainder of the five days I had off was playing Fallout 4 or watching Mo play Halo 5 or black ops... Oh those undead are sickening. Yeah they ghouls in Fallout are in your face more often but they are not as .... nasty. I spent way too much time on Fallout 4.

Between setting up settlements and getting supplies and buying wood, steel, gears and stuff you need to put up houses, make beds, gun turrets and walls..... well... Its a lot of work... Plus with so many settlements now visiting them all gets boring. You have to visit them or they get attacked and you get a fail on helping them survive. I gave up tonight when I was sitting at a settlement and it said it was getting attacked and that I failed to help.. I was standing right there and when I turn around one of my settlers was dead on the floor.... What the hell is with that?!

I have started just building footings and walls out of huge cement blocks. It wont stop raiders or synths as I have found out. Two settlements are as secure as a solid cement block and they still popped seven synths in and two raiders who played hell with my people. The game is great but if I have no doors into a place how the hell are you getting people in game? Bad on the game makers.

Well it is a game. A silly but entertaining game.

Work starts back up tomorrow.... No calls over the five days so I am hoping everything is working.... I know some sensor sites have taken a hit but in the blizzard conditions out in places they cant hang in there. It will be busy tomorrow but a good busy. I like being busy.. I do not like being overrun though.... I dont expect that though... If I can navigate across the river in the dangerous icy road ways tomorrow morning I can hope to have a full day of sorting things out.

Hoping...













I keep editing and playing around. There are 617 shots to fool with.

I did get my office/computer room returned to where it was before and the guest/daughters room back to being a guest room.. No.. really... I did.. it took one whole day to get everything switched out and the spare mattresses sealed in plastic but its quite done..... The computer room is working but the cable needs to be rerun to this room and the computers need to be placed and connected up correctly. They need a shelf of their own and a spot for all the drives that I can get to easily as I swap drives frequently. I was not going to brave the icy roads today to get a shelf unit. It can wait for my return trip from work tomorrow. Then I can route cables and such to where they should be. I can work from home easily though. Nothing stopping that.

Fingers crossed for safe trip in to work tomorrow for us all....