Sunday, April 1, 2018

Flight rich environment and CDO at Meow Wolf.

Many things happened this week.. or towards the end of the week. Mainly my granddaughter was in town and this changes the whole dynamic of the fabric of space time. No really. Einsteins theory of relatives show its true. For each 2 year old in motion causes 4 adults to encircle the active 2 in a dance of strategic control. I'm positive it was a theory.


We flew two days this weekend. Saturday I got to fly Patturns Highperactive.. and had a good time at it and then Sunday Mo got to fly his balloon for his birthday. Both days were very nice for flying. Saturday was a good day to float over everyone who had not taken off yets, heads. There was movement but it was slow and changing. Totally awesome day though. Sunday the wind was quick to the east at about 500 feet but walking speed from 20 to 100 feet up.

After Saturdays flight we drive up to Santa Fe to go walk Meow Wolfs bizarre spaces.

So lets start with a few shots and some more shots and then a couple extra shots.

Down view. Its nice to be close and it was a day for closeness.

Coming up on the side.  Bottom balloon has the right of way as they cant see up.

Ted hot inflates as I cruise across the top of him. I said it was close that day. HAH!

Rolling around in the air is a fun thing.

Watching the track as the Ipad gets coated with fine grains of sand.

Robert Has some fun in Mo's balloon.

Burning Desire was up close and personal for a while then dropped out to go play near the streets.

We landed in a nice dirt graded field. Soon to have houses in it. More houses.

There are a bunch more shots but that's what you get at this time.

The Goliath robot out front of Meow Wolf. A place to make those with CDO uncomfortable.

Hanging things with lights and stuff. Up over around down in out.. not a great place to be with a boot on ones foot.

Pure black and white room...except the camera catches the slight difference in light being used.

Tonal laser harp thingie. The sounds and music? being played throughout the area was novel.

One of the more fun aspects of the place is the fire place you can go through to another part of the place. There were fridges and washers and doors and walls and such.

Another room of sound and shapes. This guy was a little frightened.

So overall after going through the place and sitting in the bar area watching people with cotton candy margaritas I tried to decide what the people who created this place were trying for..

And all I got was .. slightly weird.

As a person with CDO or OCD it was troubling but its not my place so who cares.

Was it fun.. yeah it was.. I could have done without the huge crowds of people in there. It was Saturday of Spring Break so there ya go on that point.

I took a lot of pictures but not as many as I thought. I thought I had taken pics of some things and I didn't or they didn't come out.

I do know where they got the idea for some of the things in there.

I really liked the last room I went into with the sounds and buttons to adjust the beats.

All of this weekend was parsed with my granddaughter. Whenever she was awake I wanted to be there to enjoy watching her do whatever she was doing. She is a smart girl.

I had other plans as well but they are shelved for now.

Today its Easter and a time for rest and reflection and LOTS AND LOTS OF HAM AND PASKA!

Enjoy the family!