Sunday, March 25, 2018

Road time!

Went off to Colorado this weekend to visit my parents and sisters... Been a while since I have had that much road time. ABQ to DEN.. or really a bit past took about 7.5 hours...both ways.. perhaps a bit less.


There was bugger of blasts of wind on entering Colorado. So bad that I passed two trailers on my side on their sides and one on the other side of the road as well. Ugly! Having to fight the buffeting for that long wore my hands out. On the way back it was bad after I passed Raton. No rest at all.

The trip was good otherwise and it was great to see my Mom and Dad and Sisters and nephew and Nieces. Too short but that's all the time I had to get out of State.

I snapped a bunch of shots free hand while driving when I could... and it was safe enough.. so those are below.

On the way out to the tunes of Pink Floyd.

So much open....

So much farther to go. 400 plus miles... longer than a lot of countries out there.

Then into the passes and time for slaloms... woo weeee.....

5th wheel flipped and ripped open on the side guard rail. Driving by at 4 mph.. or a crawl. The truck was fine though.

Clouds low over the mountains.... by the time I got to Colo Springs it was snowing lightly.

In and about Longmont and Lafayette... Lots of rural roads and farms and lots of open bodies of water ( very scary for New Mexicans )  Why.. why is there a lot of water just sitting there...whats it gonna do.. its not a river so we are worried.. hahahaha

We   Are   Talking   Long   Roads!!..... way.... straight and far.  Silly drivers here as well.

On the way back I clicked this just as it appeared on my phones mapping system... Welcome to New Mexico.. We are a dry State... Water wise.

Then I saw this...

And lastly this.. Yes.. I am now in New Mexico.. or home as I call it.

So much open... I've driven most every road in New Mexico for work related duties so as soon as I hit Raton I'm pretty much home .. its all just getting to the other end of that road...

So the ride home seems shorter than the ride up. Overall the weather was cooperative so that made the whole thing easy. When there is snow in the area of the passes... forget it. Stay home... Its safer that way.

Take aways from the trip. Its always good to go home! I am blessed with fantastic parents. I should do this more often if only I could make that happen. Someone else needs to drive.. even part of it. Colorado drivers pass then get back in the right lane and I love them for that.   

There are more but I'm too brain muddled right now to remember them.

Beside that or before all that I did play with making more wall paper for my phone.... Just because I can....

Silly stuff mostly...

My banner for a few years ago that is the same number as my N number on my balloon.

My Lindstrand back glow edit.


My Lindstrand Racer up with a normal lens. Very hard to line things up.

My Lindstrand Racer from outside the burner frame and with a fisheye of amazing strength.


And for giggles... I took the little straight jacket men from my In Czech logo and pattern repeated in a crazy way with one single free guy in yellow... Really like it a lot. I may try lining the little guys up next.. so many ways to play with this. 


Saw this watch somewhere and loved the watch face design and the numbers and how they are arranged. Its just awesome in its perfect simplicity and style.


Well now I am goggly from looking at the screen and not seeing road so I will post this and see what other trouble I can get into before Monday morning.

Hope you had as awesome of a weekend!

( Yes I was as safe as possible taking pictures as I drove.. none of the shots was from my eye.. as you can tell by how poorly lined up they are... Don't drive and take pictures folks.. its dangerous )