Sunday, April 8, 2018

Opting out of everything.

After a month of busy weekends its pretty nice to stop on one and sit. Winds were too high to fly, Truck lube stations were closed, still too damaged to clean the garage, shed, outside, pond.................


A nice banner for the Kennedy envelope. Soft yellow and white. Very classy. It was there & Because.

This week was like a pack of rabbits on some very wild lettuce. Too much hopping and too little thinkin before munching. Or something like that.

Top thing in my mind right now is Holly sending me the link to Ken Rockwell's blog on photography and cameras. He was at last reviewing the Sony RX10V4 I bought a bunch of months ago.

Yep, he loves it too. For all the same reasons. He also has the same set of misses or Cons as I did. No second chip slot, no memory banks for settings, and a few minor other things. Do they matter to the freakin stunning shots you can get from miles away... nope. This camera is the cat's a$$.

Link: https://www.kenrockwell.com/sony/rx10-iii.htm

I really need to get it out of its case and use it more. I've been remiss in my want to go shoot things.

A nice thing happened this week was I got a plaque from the AAAA for all the work I did on the Cloudbouncer I edited for 7 years. That was very nice. I almost didn't hear them talking me up until Alan nudged me and said that they were talking about me.. then I got all embarrassed. I'm bad at things like this.  It was very nice and the thanks I got from the group was wonderful.

I have to remember to upload some shots for the new editor. Hmmmm,,,,,

Well so since I didn't do anything specific I will throw a bunch of things I wanted to stick here now and comment on them...

A training evolution on the hill. Drop Line!


How to tailgate properly. Butts in, Space for latecomers to fill in gaps. No one cut off.


Meow Wolf ( silly name ) drink list. Wweeiirrdd!


A flat Stanley moment. Well... because I was asked to....


The nice thing about hot air ballooning... Landing almost anywhere... Parking lots are good and bad.


Scanning old family photos and editing all the holes, cracks, rubs, wrinkles and spots from them. I can get one done and then I am exhausted.


Looking for a air filter for my truck on a Sunday. Not the most fun. The K&N was 60 bucks! I went with the STP version as its only going to be in there till I can wash and oil the reusable I have in now.


 And I am fine with just hanging in my house.. so yeah.. not alone...

A picture of the insanity of last Saturdays launches and flights! It was busy.


One of my favorite pictures for my Galaxy Note 8.


And a 360 version of the standing about bit of last Saturday. It was a good day to deal with things.


The 360 video came out nicely and the edit was excellent. I cant get it to upload so I think its just too large for the system. I will reedit it ( once I am in the mood ) for a faster speed and a smaller size and try again.

I really have to be in the mood for all this stuff... not in the mood means it will come out like garbage so I dont do it.

Ignore this.

On the Fallout 4 side. I found a nice mod that has trees. Since almost every tree in the vanilla game is dead its nice to have some color.. so I am adding trees into each settlement.. Its very nice. I like trees!

Longfellow's cabin area.


Oberlon Station.


I am working on a one page flyer for ballooning facts and things... like safety and ideas and such..not quite done there yet.

Now off to get ready for another week of random hopping about....