Sunday, March 4, 2018

Hi my name is Patrick and I am a cable hoarder.

Some of the invites to the Balloons Over Angel Fire have gone out. I didn't get mine but my Son did. Yes... M comes before P but..... gosh! I checked all my spam folders and there aint nuttin!


Last year was awesome. We met and had crew for us locals, people from out of state that were just visiting and also folk from Europe. It was a great lot of fun and the flying weather was cool if odd.

This year there are comments that we will do a stand up along the airport runway... if this comes off it will be a total blast. I need to be three people for that day.... if I get an invite.

We shall see wont we.... Until then....

I'm still laid up with this foot. I can feel the break or I should say that where the break is I can feel the pain running along the side of my foot.. or across that edge of my foot. Bizarre. I know when I have been being bad and flexing that foot. It lets me know right away. After last weeks over walking I will try and behave this week.

I missed one good day of flying Saturday and a iffy day on Sunday. Son broke an upright pole when the winds shifted abruptly and spun his basket.. while trying to correct that, one pole snapped. No problem as they are replaced by free by Lindstrand Balloons USA via the local repair station, AERCO. Just gotta go deal with it.

I saw that parts of England got blasted by snow... Fun huh! Used to be the norm in Nevada and Utah... Hope you all are staying warm and stocked up on food so you didn't have to venture out in the car anywhere. It got down to 24ish here and we saw some snow flurries and some big flakes for a tiny bit but it said no way to landing and collecting and rushed off to the mountains.  Beside the high winds and chances of fires everywhere East of us its a normal sunny Sunday.

I have wasted a bunch of time on Fallout 4 on the PC and aside from the mod that I wanted off the XBOX which seems to be unavailable on the PC version I have run into another problem. It seems the creators didn't foresee the need for massive expansion in settlements that I am wanting to do. I learned this when I kept crashing the game while trying to build more items in the area. Bummer.. big bummer. I am trying to remove a bunch of storage stuff from the area and see if that affects the crashing. If so I know what to do to deal with it but it will take ages to correct.

I did a quick photo-shoot for framily. I really need to buy some reflectors. Also the foliage is all brown... Sucks to shoot against. Very stark... bold, bright....brown! I have looked them over quickly and a few are very nice. I will dig into them this week and clean up the shots I feel are the best. I am looking for about five to seven that are standouts.

Sadly, I have this huge bin full of cables and connectors and what not.... We are talking...Hoarder city.

I had it brought into the computer room/office and I pulled out each damned cable and every damned connector and many misbegotten items and wrapped and piled up all of it.

It was very sad... I could just see myself saying to myself in the past that I needed such and such cable but could not bear touching the cable bin so just ordered a new cable... wow... and I could also see where I moved from VGA to DVI to HDMI to DPort and all the adapters that that entailed. Seriously depressing bit of clutter.

Positives... I bagged all the VGA cables, co-ax cable, and bits and pieces I will never need again ( I hope ) in a trash bag... and then sat there...... I didnt just want to dump all the keeper cables and such back in the box because I would be back to not opening the scary bin and back to the hoarder process... scratched my head.... flexed my foot ( ouch! ) wrong thing to do.....Then I devised a plan... steal all the gallon plastic bags from the pantry and put each item set in each bag.... It worked and it is organized. The only items not in bags are all the DP ( long or large ) cables, the Lan cables because they are huuuge loops... and lastly the Monitor arms hardware. All that went in neat piles in the bottom of the bin.

See....

It was so much worse when all the cables were out...

Bagged and tagged!

Super neat and clean. I feel cleansed. A good hard bristle brush was all that was needed...

Now to get it moved back out to the garage.

I did find that I had dumped all my travel items into this bin somehow. Trackball, usb hub and power blocks were all dropped in.. I must have had a bad day.  But its all to rights now. They have their own bag. I accomplished something today!!!

I did get some nice chairs. They are higher than the old club chairs I have so its a bit strange.


I've moved my computer side table into the room and have my main monitor on a swing arm... an Ergotron LX arm with an extender on it. Its strong enough to hold the weight on the monitor fully extended. Its nice to be able to draw it right in front of my if I ever felt it necessary. Mostly it sits off to my left and is easily usable. I had to drill a hole to set the monitor arm clamp. The side clamp had nowhere to purchase on the table... and looking for the alternate clamp was novel. Could not find the plate.. and decided the best thing to do was go to their website and look at the manual... LOL. They multi used the plate and I was able to unscrew it and use it in a different configuration.


So that was easier than I thought it would be after being miffed they didn't give me the plate.

That was the weekend...

The week saw me watch my granddaughter try to lick the frosting from the top of a pop tart... what the heck!!! So I sent a picture of how to easily eat a pop tart to my daughter with instructions on not teasing my granddaughter anymore and that I would get even if she didn't.. so something like that.. Mostly in gif format.


I do not like my pop tarts toasted. I like them cold. Preferable with hot coffee to go along with them.

Now you know something ... yeah.. dont matter much huh.

I did get to pull my Sony RX10V4 out and shoot a few things during the week... not much worth showing but I will show you a bit..LOL

Inversion across Northern Albuquerque.... from slightly off La Orilla.

A confusion of signs.

Rio Grande at Rio Bravo.

Irrigation beside the Rio Grande at Montano. Very brown. Very dangerous for fire.

Ya! About all I got up to with the Sony. I need to get it out more but I am always rushing here or there and never want to stop for all the novel things I see everyday. I might never get home if I stopped for everything I see. So much is oddly novel.

This upcoming weekend is pretty laid back.. just chasing tails on some projects.

Next weekend I will be joining the AAAA and also giving instruction on balloon crewing to some new to ballooning people. Should be fun. If the foot is okay I might take a little jump down the field.

I hope to be able to teach the full build and pack away as well as explain about not getting in front of a balloon basket while it is coming in for landing unless you understand "english".. and setting yourself.  Rory knows what I mean and a lot of others do but a vast amount of people have no clue.. so I hope to do that... Along with the easy way to dismount a full basket from a trailer, layout and throat holding to ease connecting up at the burner frame and pulling out and tabbing Velcro and fan position and function and safety in everything.

Should be a hoot!

See ya out there!