Sunday, February 18, 2018

Missed it but ... thaaaaat much!

If you wanted to come crew for me or fly with me... well we missed the good winds by thaaaat much..... seriously. You could estimate when I want to fly and go opposite and fly while I get winded out!

Yeesh!!!


 Yep. I sat and watched the crummy winds blow on the mid mesa while those in the valley had great flights.. but I am positive if I had gone into the valley they winds would have been nice on the mesa.

I have to go back to saying I'm not not flying... fool whomever is checking on my ability to fly.


Today's banner shot was from day 1 of the AAAA Friends & Lovers rally when all the Pilots that were grounded threw their baggies from the wall. Very novel.

This week we had lots of crazy things to do at work... In fact we installed some software that broke more than it seemed to fix. On Tuesday I will get to see how much time was put in correcting the issues and the small fiddly bits. I am not a programmer but I can figure out if a program is pointing the wrong way or if the file has moved. Unfortunately there is no info on where they moved files to.

So much fun!

For a minor soap box ... yep.. lets get it over with.... so many people are so very uninformed that it is scary! Sadly I have to stick myself in that group. I thought I had info on some things and was advised by august personages ( thanks Rory and Bob ) that I had things skewed. I appreciate getting more information and or being able to see where I had been going with the info I had. Just thinking of this makes me now believe that news agencies are manipulating the masses every microsecond of the day. Its pretty worry-some. Done.

Since I am still nursing my foot I have been playing some Fallout 4. If your not interested in this skip to where it says.. WOAH! below.

I have beat the game on Xbox and then played with minor mods there but it broke the game. I then got it for the PC and have been playing it there with mods to the building segment of the game... except for one item. I missed my flaming Shotgun ( it was awesome but had a tendency to kill the good along with the bad ( NOT GOOD )) from the Xbox so I fiddled to get the Blade Runner pistol into this game. Its been silly fun with that thing. Its terribly accurate and no side dead.

I am going about rebuilding my settlements... I wished the mod to expand the settlements on Xbox worked with the PC version but its isn't. Sucks... but what settlements I am remaking I am adjusting as I have that ability now. Some fun...some insight... some silliness.

I had a massive amount of power armor stored on display at the Red Rocket station in the Xbox version but it was limited in space and had the station right in the middle of it. Didn't like that so this time I put a huge facility on Spectacle Island that had clear sight-lines in it.

I've started collecting the armor that is about the wasteland and putting it there as well as buying frames to upgrade later. Its a whole lot of fun but also a whole lot of work.

I took some snapshots of the game-play below. Not too many.

So this is Nordhagen Beach in Mass. before building up the settlement. You have to protect your settlements and settlers, get them food, water, electricity and security. Options....

Build a fortress!!! You can build whatever you want within reason. The game will spawn attackers inside if you build over a spawn point. But if you have enough weapon emplacements.. Its noooo problem.

A radio station up North that spawns attackers right at the base of that mast. But you still have to make a settlement here....

Big walls.. and lots of turrets inside and out. Again. takes care of the riff raff.

The creators of this game are some crazy crazy people. You never know what you are going to run into and its worth the time to look everywhere in this world.

Spectacle island with walls around the main settlement and also the base for my Armor facility. I moved the walls towards the front and made a space between the settlement and the facility... It looked better.

 Inside.... The armor in these displays are the base sets that are hidden around the area. Some are easy to find, some are very hard. I used this link to find them this time... Lots more to fill but that's for the future.

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/File:Fo4_Neponset_Map.png


Above and in the center ( if you look at the above pic there is a big pillar in the center.. ) this space is on top of that. Living quarters.. place to show off your best or favorite finds. Nice that you can snap these to show off like I am here.


 The full view from a corner elevator of the clear floor and living space above.


The exterior with wall moved and other items added. Note that when you announce the settlement is open for people to populate they get into everything.


It takes a lot of fiddling to get pieces of wall and foundation and light switches and water processing plants and cables and doors to set right. The game has controls that make it so you just cant slap things anywhere. Yes there are cheats for that but I don't use those.

This is what I do when I cant do anything else or am processing on the computer with other things. More fun to come.

WOAH!

And that was quick.

Here are a few more shots from last weekends rally. There is a rally coming up in Belen. St Pats Rally.. two days... I will be helping with the shirt design this year. Hope we can get something fun done.

Keith and his Zing racer. A little wild on this day.


Mo lifts with a new to him basket below. A little longer on the long side but looks perfect.


Someone lost their head! I love this type of shot. Looking in the turning vent to check the lines.


The crown line crew member is very important. You need some weight to control a balloon when it is rising.


When your chase vehicle arrives it makes you oh so happy.


Crown crew... hmmmm...... Christian has other things on his mind.


Installing the crown is always a bit of a fight with face attacking and foot tripping fabric and lines. 


I was trying something here... It kinda worked.

And a different application.. don't like it as much.


 I did get a few other things done that are less than thrilling to read about so I am not writing them down. There was a cool cloud layer half way up the mountain today. You will get to see that one next weekend maybe. I really really really need to put my tripod in the truck! It would have helped a lot.

That and some plastic bags to kneel on the wet grass for better angles..

Here is hoping your week is calm, quiet, fulfilling and enjoyable...

I'm gonna go hunt me some stuff.