Sunday, June 25, 2017

Angel Fire Balloon Rally extra content inside!

Okay...a little more content inside. I didn't find the time to get to re editing a bunch of shots and now that I look back I should have taken a lot more just so I could re-crop them to be more what I was seeing but again.... I was busy flying at 8600 ft ( between 8420 and 8700ish feet )..


One of my tracks from the extended weekend. Kinda funky but there was no real direction I wanted to travel. Just hang out and see what could be cause for some fun. Its all about fun or I wouldn't do it.

I was asked if I would fly more after I retired.... It was a good question and I didn't hesitate to reply.... No. Provisos... IF I can retire.... then it was would it be more fun to fly more... could I fly more.... it all came to not really. I love flying because its fun and fresh. If I flew every weekend or more I would get bored of it quickly.

Now this also has a proviso on it. If I were to have a ton of money I would love to travel the world and fly in some events not in the States. The Mexican pyramids, Over London, Across the channel, Alps, Maybe Dubai for the island hopping and desert runs.. maybe even Egypt of it was over the pyramids there... Yeah I would do that. I would also need a basket or two more and an envelope or two more. Okay... one more envelope and basket maybe for a backup. It takes a while to get a balloon shipped to and from a country outside the States and I would not want to sit on the ground waiting for my system to return to fly again. If I had one to take overseas that would be great... if it got damaged I could get it repaired and still have something to fly. That would work.

Or that would be nice... but probably I will just keep flying when I feel like it and Fiesta.. not gonna miss Fiesta. Or Angel Fire or Gallup Red Rocks...

Here are some edited shots from Angel Fire I didn't post to the blog last weekend and a few others that I already posted to Fazebook..





















And one I processed completely.



Loads of fun but everything is so hands on it takes a long time to get through it all. Love to do more but I have other things needing my attention and also I get bored quickly and set it aside.

This week was pretty quiet due to time off and getting things done ( the other things ) that had to be done. I dropped off my basket at Aerco to have my front leather kick plate covered with a leather patch / overlay and my scoop on In Czech fixed after she ripped due to the location of some clips. The scoop looks fantastic in the pictures I got but the kick I cant tell so I will be picking it up Monday and checking it out. I still would rather the whole kick was replaced.. its been seven years and it has taken some bangs as would be expected... we shall see. I might look into another basket...

Why.. Because!

I really would like a clear acrylic floor or even a door... No one makes a door and floor version so ... cant do that... Choices.. Floor... totally awesome viewpoint all through the flight.... Door.. No hefting tanks in and out and passengers can get in easier.  Friends have gone and gotten door baskets so I will be looking at theirs.

Another situation that has arrived in my fore-brain is the weight of the basket in and out of the trailer. If you have a lift gate on your truck its no problem to slide the basket on with tanks and burners and poles right on it and down or up.. but with a trailer there is an 18 inch drop to deal with. Most times its easy enough to tilt it out and rotate it to sit flat and tilt it up and back the trailer up to put it back in. The problem is that there is the chance to catch the kick leather or wicker on the door latch plates and tear chunks out of each. Not good and it has happened a few times which makes me sad.

So I could just load the basket empty and lift the tanks in, once the basket has been lifted out. It adds to time of set up but little else. Its just distributed weight really. Then the basket is easy enough lifted out by two people with no chance of it getting damaged. I can install a board on the trailer wall to strap the tanks to and there is enough space for it all as well.

Thoughts.....



Other than that the Granddaughter and associated Sherpa's are heading to Cali... I call it Cali because I dont care to call it anything else. Nice place but damn its a silly place (MPFC SFTHG refrence). When we lived there we and everyone around us called it So Cal as we were in the South of California.... Always will call it So Cal.  We will go out and visit in a month and go out for more visits through the year. It will be novel. Not my favorite thing to have my Granddaughter that far away but its jobs and life and all.

Loved this....



And now its time to go consider stuff.

Hope you get to consider things too.

Happy Sunday!