Sunday, February 5, 2017

Fire In The Sky Show

Youch!

Going flying on Saturday you expect to sleep in on Sunday only to be woken by the damn neighbor's dog thrown out in the cold barking its brain out. Thank you neighbour. I promise the next time I do go flying I am going to rev my engine at 0500 and make as much noise as I can possibly make.

Idiots and animal mean people.


SO... I went out to go fly with Eric in Kisses Of Fires reincarnation. It's a Kubicek 90+.. its has extra feets... or meters. It was a nice day for it too. Soft and swirling winds. We watched as others took off and went different ways due to their different speeds going up. Eric got it inflated nicely and it was tight and ready to go quickly. I hopped in and we took off only to have to avoid another balloon that got kinda mixed up. This led us to go higher than we wanted and threw us North farther than we wanted to play at the moment. No big deal but it did mess up the fun a bit. Eric gave me the option to fly her but I was having more fun feeling how it flew. I will fly it in the future sometime but not a problem for me.

We landed after a bit on a dirt road and I got out and my son Mo and Shawn got in and off they went again.. for a longer and more zig zaggy flight. We chased and caught them when they landed a few blocks away ( an hour later ). Ballooning is never usually about distance ( there are some that are all about distance ) but about the fun. This was fun.

Here are the outtakes from the 360 video camera....

 Fear overflies


Firing it up.

Close Flyby.

The boys get lost.

What road is that down there?

That a way.. while I drive below.

Land and pack.

So that was all fun...

Next weekend is a two day AAAA rally called Friends and Lovers since it's right around Valentine's day. I have registered for it but have not decided if I am going to fly off of the field or just take pictures. I'd really like to take pictures from the air but it's hard to fly and shoot... really..

Debating and the winds have to be right and the right way. Its also time to get Highperactive out of her bag and in the air.

Highperactive pin design is in with a complete edit of the original file.. hoping it turns out better after it's been processed than the first one.

Emily came to visit with the kids. They had just gotten back earlier in the week from Cali. They didnt get to go to the Winchester house so we have to plan a time that I can go too.. It's something I think would be novel to try and shoot... Maybe with the fisheye. How cool would that be! Emily is much more able to get around and is less about lying and eating and more about seeing what she can get up to.. which with me is whatever she wants except going into the kitchen and on the hard tile. It was fun but ya get tired real quick and she is just all energy and doing things.

Didn't watch any football all season... forced ( tied with ropes and had my eyes forced open... torture ) to watch the final and was disappointed in the play at the end. Glad I didnt waste any more time on it. Not taking any more time up thinking about it.

Boring!

This week.. Propane! Work and strange things and processes to deal with... Will it be warm enough to do some outside work around the house. A positive... my rear outside water tap is fixed and should never freeze ( and possibly crack a pipe ) ever again.

To do this spring.. Buy a round water trough ( 3ft deep & 8 feet across ) and have fish people come get my fish out of the old in ground pond. Pull the plants out and separate them and resettle it all in the water trough. After that I am going to fill in the old pond which has become overrun with mint the last owner let go crazy. Grade out the complete back yard and re-lay nice rock with a 20 by 20 cement pad for a pergola and then relocate the water trough / fish pond black onto the yard and plant in pots around to make it controllable beauty instead of a frustration city.

Plans.. with alternatives and such.... I have high hopes it will happen.