Sunday, September 4, 2016

Unser and Westside Sundays

Dragged out of bed this morning minus the balloon to see how the Unser and Westside launches went. Did not have crew to let us fly but when we got out there were a ton of people with Fred. A massive amount of people. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow we will have crew to go fly.


I took both cameras.. 18 to 200 and 10.5 lenses. Since I didn't have to worry about a balloon I could roam about. I am just going to post the 10.5 special pics today since they were the fun ones. I did take a lot of the sunrise over the Sandias.. some with all the light posts in the way and some from the other side where they were not in the way. Such selective light that I am not sure if they came out okay or not. I will check after this.

Check these out.

Ian







Bob




Fred












Damn but that fisheye lens is fun to manipulate.

The biggest problem I am having right now is trying to remember settings between the D300 and the D7100. Both are completely different from the other as to where the metering and focal set adjustments are and how they handle the changes. Going to have to get another D7100 soon so I do not go insane,.

Something interesting to look at.

Two shots of the sunrise... and one of Ian test burning behind me.







And.... this is a swatch of the soarcoat our "new to us" balloon is made out of.. You can see right through it. Amazingly slick fabric.



Cant get a good in focus shot of it this way. Oh well.

Tomorrow hopefully we have the crew to help us get it in the air and test fly the booger.

I guess I will get to the regular shots of flying this morning as I drink one more cup of hi test coffee.

Go have a good cup yourself! Just a few days until Fiesta!