Sunday, September 11, 2016

The word ...Doable.

Yeah it was Doable but best not to chance it. Turns out that its a sucky word. I hate it. Cant it just be too damn fast or slow. The gusty stuff sucks. The strange directional shifts are worse. It sucks and blows.


It was a AAAA meet on Fiesta field on the run up to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Its a chance to shake the cobwebs out and check the rigging and reflexes. It was blowing directly to the Pueblo and that is no place to go at this time.

On the deck and slightly higher it was coasting South but you had to stay low..low low low. I was not up to a long jump going North and hopping for a left ( West ) wind to get me off the reservation. My son hitched a ride with a friend and they made it but it took them over an hour and it was all high speed high altitude flying. He is very lucky. Me, I had two passengers and I could not guarantee a feather landing or even where we would end up so I called it after some others had taken off. It felt like a good decision but its real easy to look after and say it was "doable".

Now, Monday I have to get the envelope into the repair station for a red line adjustment which I hope makes it easier to fly then set up for next weekend for some flights.. maybe even Sat and Sun. Gotta get it in the air and feel it out. So far the Kennedy 90 rocks and sweet as a cradle in the sky..... even with weight.

I want to use her to do some couple flying. I have not had the chance for a long while to take up more than one person at a time. This is my chance.

Here are my photographs for the day.. some of them. I took 356 today. Lots of double shots due to the darkness and the want to get the shot...so really around 170 or so.

Mounted rescue were out again this year to help their horses get a feel for the noise and size of the balloons. These animals and riders are fantastic.



Ian riding out the low winds before lofting to chase the North. Rainbow Ryders and World Balloon in the background.



Never Forget 9/11


Up, down, left, right.... everywhere... small scale fiesta.


Tethering or playing with the skittery winds on the field. Everyone had some fun or some interesting moments.


Matt needs his glove bad! Its really going up not down.


Stack em up and make em go.


Nothing up my envelope. Venting out to lay down.


Whew... a good day for taking pictures... I wished I was in the sky.

Next weekend I am going to put a two day out. Gotta get some of that high air.



Hanging out over the field.

On this anniversary of 9/11 we had a moment of silence for all those who lost their lives due to the twisted reality of psychopathic people. We pray for peace, but we should look at history to correct this problem or be forced to repeat it. Remember

That's why my logo for the day is this....