Sunday, September 25, 2016

Patturns of Things

Three main days until Fiesta. Its three days until registration,. Four days until Albuquerque Aloft and five days until the Saturday Mass Ascension.

And what are we doing.. playing with our new balloon....


Yep.... In years past with only one balloon we usually hunker down and hide the month of September. No flying at all if we can help it. That way you cant do something foolish and possible damage the system right before all the big fun starts. Getting an envelope of some other part of your system fixed this late in the date is very tough. It can be done but its a cost that is just not worth it.

This year picking up two new envelopes.. of which both are filled with history and are just amazing it was impossible not to get them out and in the air. Not only to fly them but to see them. Yeah... since we are going to fly one in Fiesta it was a very good idea to fly it and understand its characteristics. Each balloon envelope is different and within parameters can act differently in its maneuvers and processes.

One thing I had changed..because I could was have the red line.. Or the line that attaches to the crow to vent hot air to go down flipped so it came down the right side instead of the left. I usually use my left hand to control the burners... always have and only use my right when I have to flip around.. so to me having it on the left was frustrating.. I had to remember it was there.. so.. now its flipped and all the lines come down the right... which by the way is how my Lindstrand lines come down. No thought now as to where they are I can just reach out and grab it.

We ended up our flying this Saturday shaking down Ytivarg.. a very special balloon. Its new name is MOJOs Reverse Gravity Machine or MOJO for shorts. She is an Avian and modded to an Experimental by Ken Kennedy... His first envelope way back when... so its very special to many people and we are going to treat it with ... well as we treat all our envelopes.. which utmost care. She is a tank though. Fabric is very strong and very tight. Mo liked her and she has some interesting quirks. Our other wonderful envelope named by same Sr Kennedy is Terpsnickery for the goddess of dance and we will be updating the name as soon as we can agree on one. Its pretty hard.

We want to intertwine the old name a bit.. omage... but want to make it ours too.. so Patturns in front of the name. InCheck has come up.. Lemon Meringue.. Mellow Yellow and some other novel ideas.. none have quite hit the mark... I wanted to do the 505 area code but that was vetoed so fast... I still feel the burn... maybe swap the 505 for her N number 477.... still working on it.

After all that we are coming into the last part week before Fiesta with a lot of things to do. If none of them get done we are still fine for the Fiesta week but it would be nice to have them done. My front yard is beautiful again thanks to my gardener who is excellent. I cant clean up such a mess of bushes and stuff due to a crappy back and lack of the correct tools ...and I hate gardening.

So... ready or not... the next blog will be the first Sunday of Fiesta dn I expect some fun and interesting things will be posted for you to enjoy.

Here are some shots of the last week.













So now off to get some things done that need doin!

Do your things too!