Sunday, November 1, 2015

TV and why you should not watch it.

On the top of that list is Christmas Commercials the damn day after Halloween. Please! Cant wait to get your fingers into my wallet? Did you know that you probably turn off more people than you capture by showing this crap so early. Oh.. at least you waited until after Halloween is that it? Yeah.. Not buying what your selling.



No really... Its all about removing money from you and sticking it in some overly paid exec and his boss or owner of said company pocket... Nope.. Other than a few minor things this year I am spending any moneys locally. Not gonna be much either. Sorry... Tis the season and that season isn't extreme consumerism.

Sorry.. It had to be said.... For one time I have a football game on... and that because music right now is hurting my neck and head.... along with everything else I can mute a game... I am not watching it orrooting for anyone.. its just background while I am backing up files. I have to verify and back up a couple of drives... Those drives are 2gig and 4gig drives... and they are pretty full.... Every set of transfer files has to be checked after for content and size... I cant just walk away and let it putter away. Okay I can for an hour at a time as its taking about an hour and a bit per section. I still have to go back and verify RAW against JPG and reverse.. Then I can wipe and clear old files. What do you do with 500 gig drives? I have a few that I do not know what to do with now. Some are external and some are internal.... Dunno...

This week was a bugger. I could go on and on about the pathetic drivers in this town but I know they are everywhere... and in every city. So .. in every place in the world.. or lets bring that down.. in the States there are people who 1. Should not hold a drivers licence 2. Cannot pay attention to diving long enough to go where they are going 3. Are stupid enough to cause accidents then blame someone else. There should be a yearly on line exam you have to pass to keep driving.. It should be an attention test to see if you can pay attention long enough and if you can follow rules and signs.

Please... Save a life and ride a bike... stay off the roads. Sorry other bikers... at least they shouldnt kill you when they cut you off on a red light.

Beside that I had a hell of a time getting my logo done for the side of my balloon trailer. Its still not perfect but I have to stop this wheel I am on at some point and say good enough. I will not ever ever ever use the place I used again.... I will also force myself to learn to run the process myself. I mean.. If you give someone a jpg of something and say... create it out of this.. exactly as I have it now.. why do you have to show me how much of a moron you are by re-sizing things? Did I ask you to re-size anything? NO! Do what I asked and don't get all artistic with me.... I don't want you for that.. I want you to process my art. As I said.. never again.

And at the end of the week I was troubleshooting my surface 3. That started Thursday morning and went into late Friday. Wednesday eve it was working fine and Thursday morning it flipped the screen and would not change..no matter what I did.... whatever settings were changed to modified. I even went as far as to reset the damn thing back to windows 8 settings and no change.. that led me to believe it was the sensor that had failed.. along with a few other connections.. and I blame it on crap and more crapware.

And that was the easy part...

When I contacted Microsoft to get it replaced as it is way within its year warrantee they decided to hang up on me.. recalling got them to forward to the commercial side even though that is not where I wanted to go.. Ignored for three hours waiting for a return call... calling back gets a dingle berry who decided to charge a new one against my personal account without my authorization then refuse to un-charge it. Lovely. After getting hung up on over and over I got another person who just again stated the same thing with a suggestion I call my bank and have them deny the charge... Which I ended up doing then undoing because it would have frozen my bank account for up to ten days!!! Great help! No! So then after all that my money was returned but I have no idea why or how or who....

Businesses are not there to help you as much as... again.. to separate you from your hard earned money. Banks especially.

Oh and Microsoft.. and others that out source your call centers to India.... Speaking English and understanding English.... two different things... and reading from a script just means you're wasting my time.

See.. now I know there is a lot of bad things in all that above but of it all I have to say one thing for the company Amazon.com. They may not treat their employees well and they should fix that but.. when you have a problem.. it gets corrected ASAP.

All the ugly gone... The good..... My Lindstrand basket is back together and clean. Ready to go. Needs a bit of wicker.. I can to email about that.. I need about a foot of yellow wicker just in case I cant repair my break. I was thinking about flipping my basket to give the down side a rest as its gotten a bit flat with all the laying on the ground ( bolster ) but then I thought it would just scuff up the other side side so why do that. Right now its just minor and in another five years it will be just as fine and a little flat.. No biggie.

Another good thing is our family's old balloon Kiss A Hoy is coming back from the semi dead. I am giving it to my son and he has already bought a Cameron bottom end for it. All he needs now is a set of instruments and insurance. Its waiting on a bit of paperwork but that should be coming soon.  Then insurance.. but it will rider on mine for now. Its a dark horse and very different from PH. 77,000 cft so a little larger than PH but a normal shaped type so it will stay up longer and glide better. Float... whatever. There will be a set of Super Doubles under it so that will give her a boost in the heat department. May fly her next weekend... we shall see.



Other than that I have hopes for this coming week to be quieter and more functional. Hope your week is as calm.