Monday, November 9, 2015

Slip Streams

Isn't it Sunday?

Could not fool anyone with that one. Sunday went past and it was not until head hit pillow and feet were wrapped up in the bottom of my blanket that I remembered that the blog had gone wanting.


A lot has happened but a little to really report. The double rainbow outside the office early last week was very nice. This is a three shot blend. It is what it looked like minus the rain falling.

In this week we did the standard work, a run down to Roswell to take a ridiculous four part six page test on our ability to travel on the runways and taxiways of that airport even though we are not allowed to do so. I ask you.... If you take the test then you should be able to walk the walk.. or drive the drive. No.. we do not have a need to go across any active anything there. We still have to take this test. I will leave it there. It was a nice drive down and back ( Hours and hours ) but I did get out my camera and shoot the road while we cruised down it. We even did a potty break in the lava fields outside Carrizozo... no.. there are very nice clean bathrooms there. Nice place for a camp out too and many were.

But before that I went to the AAAA General meeting and listened to our up and coming kids who want to be balloonists and their balloon camp. It was pretty good all in all though my legs do not like standing that long. I may have to bring my own chair and table so I can blog on the go while listening. Before that I wandered the Museum as they had some new displays.. took a lot of pictures... and tried not to knock things over.

A couple below too.... I have many more but no time to deal with them all as I had to back up and transfer and verify files of RAW JPG and MP$ and MOV across about 10 TB oof drives. It took me.. well its still ongoing but I have the important things done.

Pictures..


The Museums throat. Not sure I have ever seen a shot in this direction. Its nice how the panels are attached to the "load tapes" and the flags were a good touch.


Carrizozo's valley of fire. You can see forever.... or to the horizon Northish. South, West and East all all mountains. In out few minute stop to shake a leg I got caught up with the things up close instead of the fields of lava.


I got this close up of a capsule hanging in the Museum. it is rough and ready and good contrasts all over.

 Pancake Cactus in the dropping sun. I had a good time with the very thin focal depth. more with moss later.


One of the many descents into the valley floors between ranges from Roswell to Socorro. Not much but cars moving and those were few and far between.


Back to this.... I plan on re-shooting this with the 24 Mpix cam so that I can divide it up into three 30 inch by 30 inch panels for the wall of my computer office. I have to repaint it also as I did a "GREAT" job on this test. Not great at all really but very nice.

So this is Monday.... It was meant to be a get back to work kinda day and was in fact pretty heavy on the work.. That work being paperwork and processing... I love it when you do load documents and process stuff only to find it missing and not entered in reality.. I did not dream it nor did I jut write stuff whenever... But it was gone... So now its back and I took screen shots of it... Now lets see if disappear again! So busy but in the typing and entering things part... All the equipment is humming along very nicely.... Lots of ancillary things have to be done still but that's what Tuesdays are for.

Cloudbouncer was a big of a bugger too this week. But it got done!

I think Wednesday will be painting the home office. Once that is done I can move pictures and stuff out of the guest room and settle the office better... for now..... perhaps....