Sunday, January 15, 2017

Details

I have been working on my third and fourth pin design this week. One of the two are for me and the other is for a friend. With all this art work it all comes down to feeling like doing the work. Most of the times when it comes down to it I dont want to do it. Id rather stare are the wall it would seem.


My pin is always a pain in the butt. I want the top ( crown ) to look like it does in reality but every producer of the pins keeps trying to lop off the way it is... I really didn't make a mistake and yes ( dammit ) I want it to look like that. Exasperation is a big thing in this stiff. Just Do What I DREW!

It usually takes a few back and forth's with the company to get it right... they are good and I have loved both of the pins I have done with them immensely. I believe they are taking the designs I give them and pushing them through a vector program and it is not too good at it. I expect I will have to get a vector program myself and go that way. Like I have the time for that... well.. its more the want.

My sons balloon turned out nicely indeed... Mostly yellow with orange and black thunderbolts. Using the orange as the outer bank and black inner gave balance to the flag background. The yellow lettering is perfect on the pins chrome circle without being too "in your face".


I decided way back a while ago that the circle double ring was the best mount for a balloon pin. Reasons are that as a round pin if you attach it to your coat and you are squeezing the envelope it wont snag on the fabric and tear the balloon. It also highlights the balloon instead of cluttering it up. It allows for boost colors or favorite colors to be put in each of the circle bands and the background is clear for the logo or a favorite thought to be displayed in the background without crowding the balloon.

Its a big balancing act to work all that down to a pin. Its never as easy as slapping an envelope onto a circle and be done. There is a massive amount of thought that goes into each of the designs I came up with.

Patturns In Czechs pin is all class with a lot of humor in it. I went with the little straight jackets and since the envelope is very very mellow I loved the while outer ring and soft yellow inner with the same for the names. It was still a lot of work on deciding how to run the little straight jacks out.


Patturns Highperactives first pin I was never happy with...


The two heartbeats that were to represent the excitement and highperactivness of the balloons ability to maneuver never lined up right and the envelope was not correct as it looks far too wide at the top and she is not wide at the top. This was a first off so it had to be redesigned the way I intended and not they way it was interpreted by the pin company. When you see the new pin I will point out what I wanted and how it came to be. hopefully I will have the correct proof soon. 

After this one clears the books I can start working on Mo's second envelope. I have a good picture and already have a wire frame for it. I should be able to run with it but I would rather a strait on version. 

I did also work on a friends envelope I had been trying to do for quite a while. I didn't have a clear enough picture to draw it but last week during a rally I had the chance to capture him. He was somewhat tilted but that was pretty easy to fix. Its done and I have a nice background designed for him as I believe he wants to use my ring design for the backdrop... 

Depends.  Here is the wireframe


It is a multi colored envelope so I thought a nice blue background and a lighter white and then white cloud banks would boost it up... Will wait for a go on it. Working on that as we speak.

Drawing those gore panels is pretty hard to recreate. That is why I would rather have a picture of the balloon in the air as there is life in it and the factory drawing is flat with no life. Envelopes are living things with air in them that creates a fuller vision of the balloon.

If I can get this down I think it could bring in some funds for the time I spend on them. Mostly now I would be paying myself but there are plans in the works I hope to get a little business going.

But that will mean I have to do things when I would rather stare at walls....LOLOL

I have been listening to music I downloaded. The website I buy my music from had some sort of glitch going on so I am having to go back and check each song. I guess it would be easier to redownload each album but what is the fun in that.

Silly me I found out why it was taking so long to transfer files from drive to drive and verify each back up. The stupid cables I bought for the 3.0 usb were not up to the transfer speeds. Using the cables that came with my drives fixed that problem and we zipped through the remainder. 

So MUCH fun!

Off to do things...  I promise not too much wall staring.