Sunday, November 20, 2016

Out-takes of the weeeeeeek

Yeah.. How was your week. Other than people projecting what is at their heart of hearts or how people act when they are totally drunk and all the filters are gone...well... wow.... There are some sick people out there.

But I digress.

BALLOONS!!!

Yeah baby!


Ya can't go wrong with a nice Hot Air Balloon. 
Unless you're very silly.

No ballooning this weekend. 
No waking up early, no getting coolers ready...heating tanks... cold air from the fans no friends cutting up....no FUN! 

Oh well.. you have to take some time off sometimes.

So what did we do this week.... We waited for the pins I designed and ordered to come in. I cleaned up another draft for another friends balloon so he could get a pin done. I also started working on the next pin for my son. Other than that.. not a thing. Oh!....

With the design of the pin we went round and round about the yellow color. The envelope yellow is very soft when viewed close up but in the air it shows up nicely. Trying to capture the right color was very hard and the Pantone website got a workout.  In the end we decided this was closest they had.

This is the shot prior to shipment. Color looks amazing!


In their bag after arrival into my hands. Perfect. Larger than I normally have a pin made but with the tiny details it had to be larger than normal.


First pin out of the bag. Love the outer and inner rings. Love the little straight jacket guys. Look at the first picture or expand this one and you will see the ring of them.


Every pin I have designed for myself has a story behind them. Patturns In The Sky's pin has arrows surrounding it because of its turning vents and wings because it was my first bought balloon. Patturns Highperactive has two high speed heartbeats on each side as it is a very fast balloon. So goes Patturns In Czech. She is a very controllable balloon. Large and soft and beautiful. There has to be a story behind it all and for each there is.... but for this envelope it was said I needed to be controlled and as I am half Czech ( she also has turning vents ) too sooo.... We have Pat Turns In Czech. My quirky brain figured that if I was in czech then I must be in a straight jacket as that would be the only thing that would keep me that way.... but..... because it's a tough thing to keep me that way half the little guys have broken their arms loose and are waving them about! Hahahaha....loose!

This is Takach Another Breeze. On the left is the picture and my overlay of lines. The picture was low resolution so I had to make multiple drawings of tracings of it. None were good enough.


Then I tried another process and it came out better. Due to the resolution there is some fuzzy-ness in the lines but it's pretty good for what it is. The colors are rotated so that ( I think ) the right colors starts at the bottom in the right place. This means quite a lot to me for some reason... Where a colors starts. Patturns Highperactive has sets of four colors... Four yellow then red blue red blue then four yellow then red blue red blue then the last four yellow and red blue red blue. It was imperative that the gore band above my head be a specific way. Go figure. OCD... I expect.

I started on Mo's MOJO's Reverse Gravity Machine.. or YTIVARG ( Her original Name ). She has this wonderful black and orange thunderbolt down the front and back. I think this is as close to perfect as it could be. Its an Avian and every bit of it is quite cool to be around. Since YTIVARG is gravity spelled backwards sdrawkcab then It must defy gravity so.. Morghan.. Mo.. MOJO being the special power to control her... and that has to be mechanics as he is a very good one... ta daaaa....


I am still working on the logo to go along with it. I had in my mind the equation for Gravity but somewhere in my muddled mind I got the theory of relativity in there.. which is so wrong but my brain was hooked into E=mc2 that it wouldn't let it go... Rory said we should do something with -g but what can I do with that.... Still working on it.

I did get to use my new 6040 instruments this last weekend with PH at the AAAA rally. Here is the readout. I had a nice 25 ( really 30 mins with inflation ) flight. Max altitude was 5590. Started a little over 5200 but the ground undulates so it's about 500 feet above ground level for most of it.  Min was 834 which is novel.. dunno about that... but I did drop into an arroyo for the target. Max temp with two people and 30 gallons of fuel.. 183 degrees... Speed was 394 up and 591 down. No GPS for some reason. Worked when I tested them. hmm...

The N number for Patturns In Czech. See how the yellow looks much lighter. I had to put her back in the correct bag so that she is ready to go fly again.. As she is super light it was easier than a normal envelope but it was still wrangling ... well... it was a load of fun... Barely fit in the bag with all the air left in it after I was done.


The Red Rock Rally in Gallup NM is coming up on the 3rd 4th and 5th of December...!!!! Flying in the red rocks is a wonder.. its well.. it is a picture worth taking many many pictures of. Both me and Mo are taking our balloons.. wow.. this is going to be awesome! We are launching from B8 on the map below. It's outside the fingers of the rocks but normally the winds will either suck you up them or spit you out... If you are in the area you should come see.. it will be a hoot. I know the tailgate after Saturday will be a huge fire and food and fun.


Granddaughter visit!!!! She was not interested in angel hair spaghetti and the chicken was too large for her to eat easily. She was more interested in crackers instead... Then an hour and a half nap in my arms... was good. I an getting all the baby sleeping time I can while she wants to because she will grow up and not want to cuddle anymore... well I can hope she won't stop anytime soon.. She is a treasure and very emotive. Her eyebrows alone are something to watch constantly.


Now she has gone home with her parents and they get to listen to her and watch her grow before their eyes. We get to rest...  LOL.. She is on the edge of walking.. and wow.. that's always a worrisome time for me. I don't want her hurting herself... AT ALL!!!!

Soooooo..... that's what I got up to.. and much more I didnt get to. No board up in the trailer for more tie down places..no roller cart swap for the envelope raising....Oh. and I spent a massive amount of time trying to get a video done for Ted... After five tries at getting it to go right I quite with a massive headache.  Sorry Ted... and everyone else I have videos waiting for.... Im sorry but the program is sucking bad.

Im OUT!