Sunday, January 13, 2019

Dreary wet weekends

Its a pretty dreary weekend. Now its sporadically snowing after some rain. Not a day for positive thoughts or any positive actions.



The federal govt is still in shutdown ( partial hah ) so no payday this time and maybe next time also. This will get thin quickly. We are expected to contact our personal services that bill us to let them know we are in this situation and seek delay in our payments. Sigh. just more work to do and hassle after the fact.

So you could sit and stare out the window and try not to think.. not like that works.

You could study something but wow.. lets really depress ourselves.

I decided to level my brain to watch those narrow boating videos and All the Stations videos... I posted the links last week for both.

I have finished all of the Cruising the cut vlogs... It took a lot of back to back ( binge ) watching but each one was interesting and about 12 minutes long which made for ease of viewing. Plus Dave was.. is pretty good at setting the camera, having good audio levels, not boring you to death regardless of what he was tinkering with. Most times he was doing some boating and some dyi stuff to keep his boat up. All good interesting stuff. He even has a few hour to over hours long videos of just the canal boating with no over dubbing which are very nice and relaxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKJR5n4gLw

Just boating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTq301T_XZ0

Now he is into I think his third year of living on his narrow boat and has picked up building a camper van out of a regular panel van...

I think one of his most endearing things is his off side comments.. when talking about insulating the van he went off to ad hock say.. using recycled sheep.... and someone in the comments took him seriously.

I now know as much as I think I need to on all those boating bits.. cost for used and new .. what to look for and what to run away from... if I was ever to consider that as a lifestyle change.... Considering retirement.. if I get to retire.. it would be a wonderful way to spend a few months... I believe Visas are only good for about 6ish months. Lots of considerations in all that but it would be interesting. If you watch this segment on youtube he relates what made him do what he did.. and it was only supposed to be a year but now its full change.

I assume he is living on his vlogging income.... I dont know that for sure.. he is an excellent editor and videographer. If he is... that is excellent. I still think a Narrow boat would be a great base camp for photography forays into the countryside. Something to think about....

I did edit up my own narrow boat but it needs some modifications..



Middle is my edit using visio to full dimension set up. Its a 71 ft partial cruiser narrow boat. I saw one that had closed off cabins and I liked that the most and added a bunch of things like bed and head end shelves and a full shower as well as skylights and other things I might go into in next blog once I have cleaned up and added detail to the drawing. Yeah.. unless things change Ill do that next blog.

Other than that I charged the Canon ELPH 350 camera I got from Fiesta two years ago and went looking for things to shoot... but that was a bust as it was too cold and wet to do.. I took some tests.. then I shot some with the Sony.. and yes there is a difference....expected.

Canon

With enough light it is pretty crisp.



But in the dark is gets very noisy.


And soft. 

It did okay with the dew drops on this moss but still fuzzy when zoomed in on.


So as much as they say its not the camera that makes a good shot... a great shot needs some good glass and a crisp shot.

Sony RX10 gets real crisp even in crap light.


Dark cloudy sky's and I can still get detail on water droplets.



Trying to capture a snowflake in flight is beyond my ability sadly.

So many and nothing to latch on. Even going manual didn't help. Not that I tried hard.


So I think I have the equipment to do the photography I want to do .. now I need a couple of things... Time... Money ( reopen so I get a paycheck would help ) and a little support.  So many delays.. hahaha....

Mostly my wanting to squirrel away money and then the spending so much on a ticket thing,...

Vlogging.. is it there to do? Since I was thinking on the new blogging site this wouldn't be much of a further stretch... Should I do a series on Ballooning? Start from the beginning? Start with putting the equipment together? Reedit existing videos so they can go on Youtube... cutting music out as they do not like that and there are copyright restrictions.... Instead of just for my personal use.. It can be done.

Gotta get in that mode.. or mood.

Back to see what Dave is up to after lunch then I need to think on moving some posters and then something something before prepping for another week of free work.

Cheers!