Sunday, October 7, 2018

2018 Albuquerque international Balloon Fiesta .... part 1

Well its started. We are in day two of the Fiesta wildness and really day three for us as we did a stand up at Emerson Elementary school on Friday morning. We have had one good day of flying ... which was Saturday. Today the winds just above the ground were too fast to fly safely so we were grounded.


But before I show you some of the shots from the ground portion of the fun I am going to show some of the shots from a drone shoot of a Lindstrand USA Commercial balloon being put up for almost the first time and its beauty shots for the company.  I am not going to post the 78 that I passed along but the shots with the drone in them as I did those for myself really.






















Other than the soaking wet grass and the just cut grass making a morass on your shoes it was a fun shoot. Great light and easy to get around to get as many shots as I could want. Selecting 78 that I thought fit the shoot were tough. Ill be passing some of these onto the drone company to use.

It was good they had a tarp to lay it out on as it would have been soaked if the hadn't. The balloon did its big debut in Arizona on Monday last.

Getting back to the AIBF... Here are some shots I took up until I took off.... just a few.

Corner marker for my launch grid... you get sentimental about these things.

A view to a view to a view

Putting heat to it.

Up and over

Hoping to see some of the fun with these three during competition.

Inflating in a row.

Crown control and spotter.

Up against the colors. Its an amazing view.

Jackets and balloons.

Cats in the air.

Its got something bothering it.

After this I was in the air trying to fly and take pictures when i had a chance. Next weekend i will have a lot more shots to show you and probably just a link so that I dont have to load the fun ones to two different places.

The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is so huge and so amazing. We were stunned by the size of the crowds on Saturday... So many people!!..

Now I have to get ready for another morning of waking up at 415 and getting things ready for flying.. Hopefully the weather will cooperate as we were shut down today.

I have flying to do!